“Elegant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Essence of the Bluegrass
Ranked #3 of 6 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my close friend Melissa, shared 1 of the most elegant evenings together in this very luxurious bed and breakfast. I would recommend to any and alto any and all of my friend. The envirement was very peaceful and allowed us the privacy that we were looking for.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JimmieSturgill72
There are newer reviews for Essence of the Bluegrass

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our trip to this B&B was the best I've ever experienced! Jerry and Christy were so kind and gracious to us. They were considerate to our every need. They allowed us to arrive at a later time and leave at a later time as well. The house is immaculate! At this time of the year it was decorated for the Holidays. So neat and clean, and with elegant taste. Our room was the Keeneland Suite. I highly reccommend reserving this suite, and pay the extra cost, because it's worth the money! The jaccuzi tub was awesome! Ladies and men's separate sinks, with a vanity. The lighting in the bathroom was outstanding! The shower was huge! There is a massage table in the side room off of the bathroom, with a huge closet! We especially loved the sitting area near the fireplace! The ceiling fan moved the warm air around the room nicely. The house has surround sound music in each room through the intercom system. The pillow top mattress on the king bed was such a plus! Thank you again, Jerry and Christy for letting us stay in your beautiful home!
-Also, petting the horses out back was so much fun!

Jim and Melissa
11/11/12-11/12/12

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mas12271
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a gorgeous house with plenty of room on a beautiful horse farm. My family stayed here for two nights while enjoying Keeneland and the Kentucky Horse Park. My husband,our two children, and I absolutely loved the house, the farm, and the entire experience. Jerry and Christie are amazing hosts and went out of their way to make my husband and me AND our children feel right at home. Our eight year old daughter got to pet and feed the horses, and our ten year old son was offered baseball gloves and golf clubs to play in the yard. We stayed in the Keeneland Suite which offered more than enough room for all of us, as the room is separated by a fireplace. We will definitely be coming back soon and have and will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The suite is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank The4Suttons
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was an awesome place. We loved the location, the house, the owners and the area. We would definitely go back and stay there again.
The owners were very friendly and personable. We enjoyed spending time with them.
I would recommend Essence of Bluegrass to my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Phatpratt
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A beautiful, clean, country home shared with guests. We had a lovely, relaxed stay for two nights. Jerry and Christie made us feel very comfortable, like we were staying with family. Their grounds are lovely, 10 acres, four horses, two dogs, all surrounded by elaborate horse farm estates. We sipped wine in their gazebo while watching Jerry put one of his steeds through an easy workout. We strolled the neighborhood and met a friendly groom, happy to be working with 20 horses next door. Christie was accomodating and friendly, she asked for our breakfast preferences that were deliciously served with fresh fruit and pastries. We stayed in the superb and spacious Keeneland Suite. It is a quick, easy drive to everything Lexington.

Room Tip: You will love the Keeneland Suite. It is huge with an even larger over the top bath.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had never stayed at a B&B before but was looking for a country retreat. Essence of the Bluegrass seemed upscale yet casual AND would welcome my dog. Suffice to say, I'm not sure whether my dog or I had the better time! The hosts are welcoming and most helpful but not intrusive. They truly make guests feel like company; not patrons. The house and property are gorgeous and the atmosphere easy-going. Just the right mix for a relaxing stay. I would choose these accommodations over a hotel any day!

Room Tip: The suites upstairs are lovely; bright, sunny & spacious. That said, I preferred the downstairs...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TolanT
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We enjoy our stay, Jerry and his son made us feel at home. Our two Collies got along very well with the resident dogs and horses. Home is twenty minutes away from most tourist attractions and restaurants. If you are looking for an escape from hustle and bustle, you will find it here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family