“An old standard”

Columbia Steak House
Ranked #157 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone number is: 859-253-3135. It is the original restaurant before the Columbia Steak Express, which you have listed.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good quality steakhouse that's been around forever. Good service, and great drinks. Inside and outside tables.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We came from Atlanta and the boys wanted to try something that we could not get back home. What better place to take them then to the best restaurant Old Lexington has to offer, Columbia Steakhouse.

I even jokingly suggested we try the lamb fries, a Kentucky delicacy. Check Wikipedia if you do not know what that is. Surprisingly we ordered them and the three of us ate almost all of them, they weren’t really bad!

Both boys loved their food and quickly finished everything on their plates. Unfortunately my nighthawk tenderloin was stringy and tough as anything Ponderosa restaurants ever served. It was really disappointing. However my green beans were good and my baked potato was delicious.

Service was top notch and the atmosphere takes you way way back. Loved It!!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Large group. Served well. Waitress was so sweet and worked hard. Very attentive to us all. Food was good and priced reasonable

Reviewed February 26, 2018

My wife and I were recently in Lexington for a charity event, looking for a place for dinner that was reasonably priced and could get us in quickly. We had been to Columbia Steak House on Limestone before, and we decided that would work out for the best. Columbia is by no means fancy - it has the feel of a late 70's/early 80's basement. But that is part of its charm. There was a UK basketball game the night arrived, so we had to wait about 25 minutes to be seated (fairly reasonable under the circumstances). My wife ordered a glass of wine while at the bar, and we watched as they pulled out the box of Franzia. I have no objection to that, but if you're charging $6 a glass, you could at least not be so obvious about it. But once we got seated, the service was very good. We each decided to order the Nighthawk Special - (reduced to $14.99). The chopped iceberg salad was not particularly memorable, but it was fresh and tasted fine. The tenderloin steaks, while cooked properly, were just average. Not bad at all, but not a lot of flavor other than the garlic butter they were cooked in. The baked potato was large, but properly cooked. But the rolls, again, were very average.
It is hard to complain when the price is very good, and the service, mostly, was friendly and efficient. On my previous trip, the steak was better, so it might just be the tenderloin cut. While Columbia does have a lot to offer in terms of service and value, the steak was just mediocre.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

If you want a great steak along with wonderful charm, this is the place. The food is as good as any steakhouse in Lexington, but cheaper prices and a distinct old time steakhouse feel. Service was excellent too. I would highly recommend a stop the next time you want a great dinner in Lexington.