“Wonderful supper!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Columbia Steak House
Ranked #254 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Phone number is: 859-253-3135. It is the original restaurant before the Columbia Steak Express, which you have listed.
Blairsville, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful supper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My friends and I always make a trip here whenever we come to Lexington. I have the Kentucky Brown which is one of the best things on menu if you like bacon and cheese. My friends usually order the Special which I have had and it was a wonderful steak cooked to perfection. This place is in the middle of Lexington back in a little corner of the city. It is a wonderful place with perfect service. Will be going back in January to eat there again.

• Visited January 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Lunch was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate lunch at the Richmond Road location. It had been a long time since I have eaten at Columbia's. We decided on lunch. That was the best decision I have made for lunch. It was a better value than Applebee's.
I had the BLT and it was perfect. The bacon was crisp and the tomatoes were great. I also had a salad. My husband had the grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a salad. The salads were perfect and fresh. We really enjoyed our meal and I can't wait to go back. The waitress was right there when we needed her. She was friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about this restaurant. If you are from out of town you need to make sure you eat at Columbia's. There are 2 locations.

• Visited December 2013
“Stick to meat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place until last night. Always had a beef with Diego salad and potato. Decided to try fish that could be cooked several ways, I chose pan seared, but not dried out. Beets and corn pudding were my two sides. The fish was white and raw in the middle. The pudding was dry and the beets had no flavor as if they came right out of a can. There was no desert of the day so I ordered the chocolate pie that came with ice crystals (at no extra charge). I ordered a dirty martini which I had to send back because they forgot the olive juice. I will go back to my usual. This Columbia experience is not typical: stick to the beef!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, england
“Rough and ready - but delicious steak.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We popped in here without reservations on Saturday evening. A very efficient hostess had us seated in10 minutes. Whilst the meal overall had its drawbacks - not least supersized baked potatos and salads - the steak centrepiece was cooked precisely as ordered and was full of flavour. And ll at a very reasonable price.The ambience was very noisy - not a place for romance!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, Kentucky
“dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

First time I went there it was great. second time I was disappointed. The meat tasted gamey to me .Fried mushrooms are excellent!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2012