“Nostalgia at it's best”

Columbia Steak House
Ranked #197 of 935 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone number is: 859-253-3135. It is the original restaurant before the Columbia Steak Express, which you have listed.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Columbia's is one of those places where you go at each stage of your life. Rustic, worn, charming, tasty, overrated, inviting, great, poor, best place I ever ate, worst place I ever ate, all describe Columbias. Your attittude and the Columbia fans (also usually UK fans) you go with will define your dining experience.

1  Thank PaulSnyder

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I want to commend Columbia's steak house for the excellent food and service that we received last night. For our party of nearly 100 guests, Flo Cowley and Greg Penn did a STELLAR job of communicating with me before, during and after! The waiters and waitresses were prompt and efficient... The party room was nicely decorated for Christmas....parking was not a problem! If you're looking for a place to host a good size party, I recommend Columbia's original downtown location. Thank you Flo and Greg....now I want to go back there to see where Flo puts the picture (that she took of me) on her "walls of fame"....then I will feel like I have really made it in this world! :-)

1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The nighthawk special steak - in garlic butter is very tender and delicious. I had the Diego salad with house dressing and it tasted good, but the lettuce looked a little old and wilted. I asked for some cheese and that improved the appearance. The garden salad looked very nice. I had the green beans and they were very good. The baked potatoes were huge. This meal is very good and not overly filling. I suggest sharing the blackberry cobbler (ala mode) with someone. I believe I would be overly full if I ate the whole thing - it comes in a 'cereal bowl' and is filled to the top. A great end to a great meal. I would suggest this location over any other - the service is very consistent - always good. Over the years, we've been to the Richmond Rd location and you can flip a coin to guess how the service will be - it may be fine, it may be slower than slow.

1  Thank notmanyhotelstays
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went for a date night with my fiance. Neither of us had ever been before. The prices were a bit high, but I would definitely go back for special occasions. The wait staff was fast and courteous. They made sure to check with us regularly but not so much that it was intrusive. The food was fantastic. We had the fried asparagus for an apatizer, and it was amazingly delicious. We had prime rib for our entree, and it was really some of the most tender and juicy prime rib I have ever had. Its definitely somewhere to try in Lexington.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed the dinner. The steaks was good, not great. The atmosphere is a bit dark and dated...nothing special. I would try it again, but just ho-hum.