“Great Tour”
Review of Bleu Plate Tours - CLOSED

Bleu Plate Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours are currently not being offered at this time and it is undecided as to if they will resume in the future. A fun walking food tasting tour! This culinary adventure is a treat for all the senses. Along the way are stops at restaurants where you will taste the foods of the area's best and most popular restaurants. From the finest dining in town to the hidden gems, you will get a multi-sensory view of the culture and local flavor. It's a lovely stroll with a side dish of history, a dash of culture and a taste of the Bluegrass.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I took a little weekend getaway to Lexington. This tour was one of our highlight activities. We found the quality, amount, and variety of food to be better than expected. The tour guide was friendly and provided lots of interesting information about the history of Lexington in general, and the culinary scene in particular. My wife is a somewhat picky eater, but she did fine on this tour. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I wanted to attend this tour for a while and it definitely exceeded expectations! Laura did a great job of combining history of Lexington with interesting anecdotes of the restaurants. We visited a nice mix of restaurants and enjoyed a delicious variety of food. I love finding new and local restaurants and the tour was an unforgettable and wonderful experience!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This tour is a great way to explore downtown Lexington and sample a range of restaurants. Laura is a great guide and provided interesting insights not only about the restaurants but also about Lexington. The food was great and it was fun to meet the chefs. Very worthwhile for visitors and Lexington residents as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I were looking for something fun and different to do during the weekend. This tour truly fit the experience we were searching for. Laura is personable and knowledgeable about the history of Lexington and the food of the local area. During the tour we met local chefs, tried the food in the local restaurants and experienced Lexington in a whole new light. The tour offers something for everyone. Every corner held a new delight and experience. Laura and our group were warmly greeted by all the venues we visited and we were treated liked honored guests. The food was amazing, the history is fun, Laura is wonderful, and we learned so much about the history in our own back yards. We would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I am from Central Kentucky. That didn’t matter at all. I still learned lots of interesting history and ate a several different things at some restaurants I had been to and others that I hadn’t. This was an extremely enjoyable experience. The tour is well-planned and orchestrated. The pace of the tour is perfect: leisurely walking and then sitting at several restaurants. It was not strenuous at all. We were welcomed at all the restaurants and treated like anticipated guests. The tour guide (Laura) was easy to listen to, added to the fun, and was just great at relating to every person on the tour. A backpack and a bottle of water were included in the tour. We stopped at some really great restaurants, and at Bellini’s the chef even came out and spoke with our group. There, he had seared huge scallops for each of us, and presented them with a chutney and a green rice dish. AMAZING!!!!! We also stopped at Jonathan’s where we had a huge fried green tomato and fried black-eyed peas. AMAZING!!!! We had bread pudding at DeShea’s. I have eaten at DeShea’s many times, but never ordered the bread pudding. Not anymore. I will go there just for the bread pudding!!! I wasn’t stuffed when the tour was finished, but I took the Saturday morning tour. Many restaurants we passed were closed. I plan to take the other two tours Bleu Plate Tours offers this summer, and I will retake this tour next summer. It was so much fun. Well worth the effort and the price. I would give it 6 or 7 stars out of 5 if I could.

2  Thank Hinky12