“Staff and room was wonderful”

Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Missed my flight so I was stranded at the airport. I called this hotel and the person I spoke with was very nice and told me she would send the shuttle ASAP. With 10 minutes the shuttle arrived just to pick me up. The driver knew my name already and was a very friendly sociable driver. Had a great conversation on the 10 minute drive. He recommended some restaurants around the city as well as have some advice for the time I should take off for the airport the next day. As soon as I walked into the hotel I was greeted by the same lady that I had spoke on the phone with. She was also very friendly and booked me an outstanding homey feeling room. Not only did she give me a great room. She dropped the price about $30 from the original price. As soon as I walked into the room I was impressed by the decor and style of the room. I can see why they call this the number one hotel in Lexington. If I'm ever back in Lexington I will not hesitate to book myself a room here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Having been a frequent traveler, I know the feeling of being stranded at the airport. I am pleased that you had such a fine experience with the entire staff from beginning to end. I feel that we have a superior staff that excels in customer service, and the feedback about your stay confirms that I am not wrong. I also want to thank you for your comments concerning the Hotel itself. Hopefully you will be able to stay again in the future, but under better circumstances.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This property is very convenient to the whole southside of Lexington including Keeneland and Fayette Mall. It's also not a bad trip into UK or downtown. It's either pretty new or very well maintainted since there's no wear or grime to be found. Indoor pool w/hot tub and the outdoor gas firepit were nice ameneties. Staff is very helpful. We were there for a family gathering and they upgraded the room of one of our party just so they could be closer to us. Breakfast was good but the staff was overwhelmed by a full house during Keeneland. This was a great place for a family gathering but if I had to be in Lexington for several days I really would not mind staying here. Liquor Barn and Krogers in the same center as the hotel and walking distance to about 6 other restaurants.

Room Tip: Front side rooms will be the quietest, but we faced New Circle Road and I was never bothered by traf...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for you review of the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport. I am happy that we were able to help you enjoy your family gathering. My staff takes pride in their ability to be "Impression Makers", and it is comments like yours that shows me that we are succeeding in making a difference in our guests vists with us.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've stayed at Residence Inns across North America, and this location is clean, efficient and top notch for the brand. The staff was helpful and attentive to our needs. The room was clean and well stocked to make us feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for you review, which compared our Hotel favorably to other Residence Inn's throughout the nation. I am glad that your stay experience was up to par, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed 4d/3n for business. Cleanliness is extremely important to me. This hotel definitely has that! There were other added "bonuses" also. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast and evening social meal was nice. When I arrived back to my room each evening, my bed was made and I had clean towels. Oh, and they stock your refrigerator for you! All you have to do is give them your list and they shop for you and charge it to your room. Who else does that?! I felt like royalty! I definitely recommend this hotel and will absolutely book again next time I'm in the area!! Thank you all so much for a job VERY WELL done! See you next time!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AuntNann

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my Hotel. It is gratifying to hear such complimentary comments concerning the cleanliness and customer service during your stay. We understand that when people travel they are not familiar with the area, so we are more than happy to provide grocery service for you. It is our goal to become "Impression Makers" to our customers and it comments like yours that let's us know that we are succeeding. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed 5 days at the 'Inn' for some doc appointments. Room was just what we needed, service was great from everybody (from front desk to maids to passing employees in the hall).They have a real nice breakfast and some small dinners some nights of the week. Have indoor pool/hot tub, and exercise room. Close to shopping if needed--grocery,restaurants,liquor etc.
Only complaint-they do allow dogs and some (clowns) think it is ok to bring their dog into areas where there is food --wrong--mentioned it to front desk and they fixed it fast--didn't happen the next day(s).
Real nice place and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

First off, I hope that all went well with your Dr. appointments. Thank you for your review of my Hotel and the comments concerning how our staff impacted your stay. I would like to apologize for the dog that was let roam free in the breakfast area. Even though we are pet friendly, we do not allow any pets in our food area's, which I am glad to hear that my staff took care of that issue. We look forward to your next visit to the Lexington area.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went to Lexington for a 5 day Keeneland vacation. As soon as we checked we were hooked by the big screen tv in the lobby with TVG on. Everyone at the RI went out of there way to be friendly and helpful . The " airport only " shuttle took us everywhere we wanted to go if he it was not booked. The big comfy patio was almost never used, but what a great spot to chill out or BBq in the late afternoon sun, or in the evening when the big fire pit was lit up with comfortable sofas and chairs surrounding it. The room was great , modern stove, fridge , spacious open ended sofa looking at a fire place with a big TV above it. Breakfast was the standard hot n cold buffet. For the finicky eater the court yard marriot next door has a great menu for breakfast if the free buffet is not up to your standard. Lot of nice places to eat within walking distance. Lexington being a small city everything seems to be within 10 to 15 minutes if your driving.in closing do not be afraid to ask the staff for anything. i think if they ever hear the word NO they would have to google it.

Room Tip: The top floor would be my pick. i was on the 2nd floor and the only noise i heard was from kids runn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful review of my hotel. My staff and I strive to make everyone's stay as pleasing as possible, and it is comments like yours that assures us that we are meeting our goal, which is to be "impression makers". Our "airport shuttle" is often utilized to make life easier for our guests, and it is our pleasure to provide that as one of our amenity's. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our social patio, fire pit and grill. Thank you again for your stay and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were very attracted to this hotel for our recent brief stay because of the low price and the #1 rating. The lobby and our room were incredibly clean and the King Suite was very spacious. The best thing from the whole experience was the young man at the front desk- David. In the few minutes it took to check in, David had a handle on the reason of our trip and provided us with many dining and sightseeing recommendations. As soon as we mentioned we were going to try one of the nearby restaurants he suggested, he was on the phone making reservations for us. He also was very quick to print out directions for us and other webpages on entertainment suggestions. His advice was more than we could fit in our 2 day Lexington trip. Because of his expertise and great tips, we will be back to Lexington and enjoy another stay at the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your input concerning your stay with us. It is comments like yours that lets me know that my staff is succeeding in being "impression makers". I will be sure to share with my staff your review and let them know that their efforts are being noticed and appreciated. I especially would like to thank you for your acknowledgement of the effort that David put forth in making you stay a pleasent one. Thank you again and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs during your next stay in Lexington.

Mike TInker