“Great Tour but...” 2 of 5 bubbles

$36.00*
and up
Lexington KY Historic Horse Farm Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a close encounter with horses, this tour is a must! Horse Farm Tours gives its guests a close-up look at the world's premier Thoroughbred horse farms. You can expect to spend approximately three hours with your tour guide visiting horse farms, Historic Keeneland Race Course and other attractions in the area. We offer a complete and comfortable tour with knowledgeable guides. We strive to make your visit to the Horse Capital of the World a part of the great Thoroughbred tradition. Tours run daily at 8:15 am and 12:45 pm. They pick up at the Embassy Suites hotel at 1801 Newtown Pike in Lexington.
Wauconda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Tour but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been riding horses since I was three years old, so anything horses is enjoyable for me. My boyfriend and I planned our annual vacation which started in Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains and ended in Lexington so that we could take the horse tour. I booked online for an afternoon tour so that we would have time to check out of our hotel in the Smoky Mountains and drive the four and a half hours to Tennessee. However, there was an error along the way that somehow caused me to be in the morning tour although my confirmation email said that I had booked the afternoon tour. Instead of admitting her mistake, the owner instead called me and asked me if I was "too lazy to get my keester out of bed" to make it to the tour. When I explained that I was commuting up from Tennessee, she was not apologetic and instead gave me attitude about trying to fit me in the afternoon tour instead. To avoid anymore attitude, my boyfriend and I adjusted our work schedules to make the Monday morning tour instead. I was very disappointed in the customer service I received.

The tour itself was fantastic. Our guide was very knowledgeable and kind. I got to see a beautiful track and some beautiful horses. I enjoyed the tour very much, however due to the behavior from management, I would never recommend this group to a friend.

Visited August 2013
9 Thank Taylor A
MargaretWoods, Owner at Horse Farm Tours, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am sorry we woke you up for the morning tour. After talking with you on the phone I was in the process of getting you on the afternoon tour when you called and said you had decided to wait and go on the tour the following day, so I arranged for your tour on Monday morning.
I am sorry for the mix up on your reservation. We try very hard to accommodate our tourist in the very best possible way.
Please accept my apology for our mistake. I am glad you enjoyed the tour.

New York City, New York
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Long but beautiful and interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This tour is long-as much as 4.5 hours-but it's nice and interesting. Our guide, David, was very knowledgable and helpful and did a great job. The countryside that you visit and the farms you see are really spectacular-the scenery is just gorgeous (though I partucularly wish we could've gotten out of the van by the first 2 farms we saw, which were really stunning, but the farm owners don't allow it). However, I must say that since I'm not into horses at all, I did find the tour to be a bit long, but in no way should that stop anyone from going: it really is an amazing tour and I highly highly recommend it.

3 Thank AMJ92
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing horse history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very good tour and guide. Got to see, learn about and experience Keeneland racetrack and three horse farms. The whole family enjoyed it.

1 Thank Douglas K
Abingdon, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference. It was the little things that made this
tour very enjoyable. I'm an avid photographer, non professional. I liked the fact that the windows were perfectly clean, so I was able to shoot through the window and get pictures at locations were we could not stop. Sue was our driver guide and she did a excellent presentation. Very informative and she seemed to enjoy her work. We had the 8:15 am tour, which I recommend during the hot summer days. The tour was suppose to last 3 1/2 hours but she took us to an extra farm and it lasted closer to 4 hours. And we loved the surprise treat at the end. We had done the tour of the farms on our own the day before and enjoyed seeing it again more with this tour. Highway in parts are narrow and no place to pull over and busy traffic. Also impressed with the farms she took us to. Interesting to see how the 1% spend their money.

2 Thank frank222r
Madison, Alabama
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

It started out poorly as we had booked the 12:45PM tour, but around 8:45AM they called and told me I was late. I insisted that I hadn't booked an 8:45AM tour but they told me I was wrong. I forwarded my email confirmation that showed 12:45PM, and later received an email back confirming they had made an error. I knew they hadn't planned for our tour when our tour guide showed up at 12:30PM and said she had just gotten a call to go give a tour. So obviously they have some booking issues to work out. However, with all that done with, we still had an excellent time with Sue, our tour guide. You could tell from the start Sue loved Kentucky and the horse industry. She was so smart and knew so much about the industry. We toured two horse farms, where we learned about the breeding process, and got to stop and visit many horses, which was probably the best part. My wife and mother-in-law just loved petting the horses. We are so grateful to the farm owners that allow people like us to do this. I don't know if I owned multi-million dollar horses if I would allow strangers to come pet them. So kudos to them. Anyway, we also went on to Keeneland, which was a great tour of a wonderful facilitly. In my mind it was nicer than Churchill. I could write for hours about the greater details of our tour, because it was almost four hours before it was all over. But the bottom line is if you love beautiful horses, and are interested in learning about the racing industry, this is a great tour!

2 Thank launcher69