“The BEST SEAFOOD AND SERVICE we have ever had!!!”

Shaking Seafood & Wings
Ranked #464 of 1,061 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the first time for us to go to this restaurant. We had a party of three. As soon as we were seated, our server, TANEE, came and explained the ENTIRE menu to us as it is a little complicated. She took her time and made many suggestions to us. She did a GREAT JOB!! We got there at happy hour time also which is also a great deal. The food came and it was the BEST seafood that we have ever had ANYWHERE! For sure, we will going back to this place. Be sure to ask for TANNE A.K.A. T,T! She is a hoot!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed August 20, 2019

I used to live nearby, but don't get by this location often anymore. This is the fourth or fifth restaurant that has tried to make a go of it in this space. It's tough to get to, and it will be tougher for them unless they get better.

We stopped on a whim for lunch when we drove by and saw the new place. The concept could work; basically a shrimp/crab boil and wings menu, along with other seafood . The setup is smart - bucket set into the table for shells and bones, gloves, bibs, wipes.

Service was not bad, but sort of disinterested. No real effort to make it welcoming or enthusiastic. Food was OK, but again, not special. Wings were good but not exceptional; seafood platter was ordinary.

If they want to make it in this spot, they will need a much better experience when folks actually find the place.

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

I never review a restaurant when they have just opened. I did, however, give suggestions to the Mgr after my first visit. Now, I'm ready to submit a review and say that the service is good, the boiled entrees are great, the hush puppies and fries are mediocre, the tiny napkins are annoying (a roll of papertowels puh-leeze!) and the prices are reasonable for fresh seafood. Thank you for the bib and disposable gloves. My pet peeve with this and any restaurant is not being allowed lunch portions at dinner time.

1  Thank Catfan02
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I recently visited Shaking Seafood for a date night. After reading a few reviews, I had some concerns with the service going in. I'll start by saying that we had a really good experience with the wait staff. They were very attentive with us and others around us. We ordered the seafood boil for two and (nearly) finished every last bite. We had our dish prepared Shaking style and loved it! My only recommendation would be to add more potatoes and corn to the dish (there were only 4 small potatoes and 2 half cobs respectively). Finally, we made a complete mess, but were glad we did. Just be sure to dress appropriately and enjoy the experience.

1  Thank Landon B
Reviewed August 1, 2019

Eating the fresh well prepared real seafood at Shaking Seafood was like eating at a seaside restaurant. We were a luncheon group of 12 senior women meeting at this restaurant because of of the ladies had been taken there and was so impressed she wanted out little lunch club to have a terrific lunch.
I had oysters on the half shell shucked and served NOT frozen. I also had fried oysters, the best I have ever had, and cajun potato fries. The portion was large and so fresh.
Everyone was thrilled with their meal. Catfish, shrimp (many different ways) clams and fried clams, crab, and mussels were all ordered and enjoyed.
AND the prices were low - families can eat here.
I hope others will go to this restaurant and it becomes a Lexington landmark.