The room was only $40, but it was the lousiest $40 I've ever spent. I've stayed in all kinds of $40 motels - some were classy; some were trashy. This was definitely on the trashy end of the spectrum.
1) The room was a smoking room, and it wasn't clear as to when the last time someone had cleaned it or stayed in it. (Even the shower curtain smelled like cigarettes.)
2) There were holes in everything; from the sticky, plastic drapes to the linens and even the shower curtain.
3) The water pressure was so hard I thought it was going to blast off my skin. The shower knobs were practically rusted stuck, and it took all my strength to turn the water on.
4) No towels.
5) Dim lighting: I had to leave the shower curtain half open because the light didn't "extend" that far.
6) The bed was a hollow box (not literally, but it felt that way), and
7) The trash truck came around 6 a.m. and sounded like it was in the room.
Needless to say, it wasn't the most comfortable $40 I've ever spent. In fact, I've spent less on motels that, compared to the Catalina, are luxury spots.
Also, I must note that when spending $40 on a motel, I don't expect a royal palace; however, there is some measure of cleanliness that should be upheld.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel Lexington