“Olde Tyme cafeteria”

Keeneland Track Kitchen
Ranked #67 of 942 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Eat a hearty country breakfast cafeteria style alongside jockeys and trainers. Open to the public seven days a week, 6 am to 11am. Eggs cooked to order, grits, biscuits, and gravy, and more. Under $6.
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The day we were at Keenland Race Track there was no horse racing, so the "fancy" trackside sit-down waiter service restaurants were all closed. We were directed to the Track Kitchen where meat loaf and Chicken Croquettes were the specialties in addition to the usual hamburgers. Meat Loaf and Chicken Croquettes? I have not had either of these Olde Tyme foods since Howard Johnson's in New York City went out of business in the 1970's. COOL !!! Food was served by a really nice lady in a hairnet who plopped the croquettes onto my plate and then slid the plate onto my tray. OMG...I am back in high school !!! Food was good and looking out onto the Blue Grass of Kentucky was beautiful !!

2  Thank catmomrusty