“Brewstillery??” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alltech's Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.

Alltech's Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.
Ranked #4 of 116 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1794, Alltech's Lexington Brewery Company continues a splendid tradition of quality brewing producing Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Light and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. The brew hall viewing area, bottling operations, gift shop and an authentic Irish pub are available for tours. Bus tours and walk-ups invited.
Munfordville, Kentucky
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Brewstillery??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our last stop on the Bourbon Trail, but it was a great place to end our trail. When you purchase your $7 tour ticket you get 4 tasting tickets. During the tour you will get the chance to sample beers as well as spirits. The tour started off with a small video, then we headed outdoors to visit the bottling area. Our tour guide was very interesting to listen to. When you have been to several distilleries the information begins to sound the same over and over, but he made it interesting which made this a great tour. The gift shop is very unique with the walls decorated to look like store fronts in Ireland. Very neat touch. Bathrooms were very clean. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MichelleR68

Suncoast Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Brewery and Distillery Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a great tour of Alltech and Town Branch Distillery. Our tour guide was Dale, he was knowledgable, personable and a true delight! It was a treat to tour a brewery and distillery at the same time. A " must see" in Lexington.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank shell5786
Medina, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Highly Enjoyable Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

After doing the tour with my wife and I whilst on the Bourbon Trail, we were glad to have stopped in for this tour. I admit, after having read some other reviews here, and then experiencing it myself, we had a totally contrasting tour than the negative ones here.

I must first start with the statement that here in Northern Ohio, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale has become a giant favorite of mine. I try other bourbon barrel beers and compare them all to Alltech's brand. This is what originally instilled (no pun intended) a desire to visit. I wasn't even aware that they made bourbon! With that being said, here is our experience:

We arrived and took pictures of the outside because it is gorgeous. We found the gift/common area and I will agree that it could get crowded. Fortunately for us, it was not super busy, and our tour started right up 5 minutes after we arrived. The video was shown to us, which I appreciated because it explained the history. When I visited these distilleries, I wanted to know: How did they get their name? Who started it and when? How is it different from other distilleries? Some of this was explained in the video, and for everything else, our witty and funny tour guide (his name escapes us) answered it all.

I have taken tours of breweries before, notably Great Lakes Brewing Co here at home, and already had some knowledge of how it is done. I would agree that some of the tour is rushed. This is a tank here, theres another over there, they dump in here, you drink it, etc. I had to remind myself that, in general, it is a smaller production company ready for expansion. However, what I really wanted was to try their products, having only ever tasted the Bouron Barrel Ale. My wife and I combined our 4 tickets to give us 8. Great number. Because there are 5 beers, 2 bourbons, and 1 bourbon coffee-type drink to sample. We just sipped from each others samples. As a result of this, I will definately buy other beers from them in the stores. The end result of the bourbon? Well, we bought a bottle of the coffee thingy (Bluegrass Sundown) and ended up buying a bottle of their bourbon in a liquor store later that day.

Overall, we had a nice experience. Great drinks, bought a golf shirt and some bourbon. What else is there? :)

Melbourne, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I can't recommend this enough, Cindy was our guide and she took us from strangers of Town Branch to understanding the intricacies and how genetics plays such an important role in production, and flavor!
Needles to say we purchased several bottles!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Not the best on the Trail”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We visited as part of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail; definitely liked it the least. Their bourbon is definitely forgettable, especially in the middle of visiting the true masters. The distillery is new & shiny & pretty to see, and you can taste without taking a tour (not true at all distilleries). I did like the bourbon liqueur. I think they primarily concentrate on the beer side of their business; apparently it is very popular in KY. I'm not a beer expert & didn't try any, but folks around me who seemed to know their beer said it was great. So if you like beer it's probably worth a stop. Otherwise just get your Trail Passport stamped & move on.