“Great Hotel and Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I noticed the other review that said their room smelled like deodorizer. I think I got that room first! But I went downstairs and asked for another room. That smell was pretty strong. The second room I got was nice but looked over the parking lot and the Cracker Barrell. Next morning I asked for a room overlooking the horse farms (East) and Paul was great! He gave me a room at the end that was larger and had a microwave and Jacuzzi. I would definitely stay here again but next time i would know which room to ask for! I paid an excellent rate, not near what some of the other reviewers did ($129/$119) so to me it was excellent. I ate in downtown Lexington or at the Horse Park. Both are very close and easy to get to.

Room Tip: East side has view of Horse Farm. West side looks at the Cracker Barrell. Suites are worth the few e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JudithAnn57
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your feedback and positive review is very much appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right off exit 115, which is easy to get to. It is grouped with several other hotels including a questionably rough looking Knights Inn. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The common areas of the hotel are contemporary style that is pleasing from a distance- however up-close,carpets and furniture are worn and stained. Bar chairs in the breakfast area actually had ripped up backs. The room was mostly clean- walls had marks and stains but the bathroom was clean. My 8 yr old wanted to swim in the indoor pool-- it was the smallest coldest indoor pool I have ever seen! Wifi was unreliable, losing connection multiple times in the 30 to 40 minutes I was connected. I also couldn't get cell reception in my room. Breakfast was poorly managed with slow replenishment of the offerings. This hotel lacks attention to detail in cleaning and maintenance.

For a one night stop over it was passable but not to the standard of other hotels in this chain. If you get a bargain rate, don't want to use the pool or need Internet it is adequate but certainly not worth the high ranking given on this site.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank eclecticco

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that there were a few things that did not meet your expectations. As for the pool temperature, it is maintained at that temperature per the health department safety standards. Breakfast certainly can get busy on the weekends. I hope that you were able to enjoy the complimentary eggs, sausage, waffles, pasteries, etc. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you again for sharing. Hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family stayed here August 19-21st, 2013. We were in town to visit the University of Kentucky. The hotel was perfectly situated from the Highway in terms of accessibility. It was in a quite area amongst a couple of other hotels. There was a Cracker Barrel (yuck!) restaurant within the cul de sac of the streets the hotels were on (small street with just a few hotels and fast food chains).

That said, the hotel is not far from downtown Lexington - about 5-7 miles and it is an easy ride into town. We made multiple trips downtown over the two days and had no issues.

The hotel room was adequate. There was a pretty bad smell in the room, some type of deodorizer, but once we put the A/C on it took the smell out.

Check in was easy and all hotel staff were exceptionally pleasant/friendly.

My 12 year old appreciated the indoor pool but it was VERY VERY small - so just don't have high expectations if you are looking for a hotel with a great pool. Hot tub was also available. Towels in the pool area were plentiful but they were the size of a hand towel - not bath size by any stretch of the imagination.

Breakfast was standard fair for Fairfield Inn - not great but something. Eggs made from mix, waffle maker (waffles that taste rubbery and bland), fresh fruit and yogurt. Enough to start your day but not a full on breakfast.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I glad that you choose to stay with us while you visited the University of Kentucky. As you said we are located just minutes from the campus and the many outstanding restaurants in downtown Lexington. Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are a family of four that was on the last leg of a long road trip. The hotel was booked full due to a horse jumping event nearby, so reserve a room ahead of time if you need to. Everything was neat & tidy. The room seemed a bit smaller than the Fairfield we stayed at in Rockford, IL
My complaints are not big items, but items I remember. The closet door was creaky (Room 503), and the thermostat is very bright at night. We ended up hanging the HBO guide over it to block the light. We were tired from traveling, had a sick child in the middle of the night and just exhausted, only to be jarred awake by the maid pounding on the door at 8:30am. ugh. I didn't have the little do not disturb thing on the doorknob, but seriously...why does housekeeping have to bang on the doors in the morning?? Just wait till I check out! There is a Cracker Barrel right next door. No noise (except for housekeeping) even with the hotel being full. We stayed in an upper level room. Breakfast was the typical hotel 'make your own waffles' and other assorted breakfast items. Poor rating on 'service' because of our wake up door pounding after a very exhausting night.

Room Tip: don't forget the 'do not disturb' sign on your door!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review! Look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed 1 night for our trip to the Smoky MTNS. We had 2 rooms and used reward points to pay. The staff was great. The rooms were comfortable and we asked for a rollaway bed and it arrived very quickly. The pool was OK, kinda small. Free breakfast in the morning was great. Kind of annoyed by housekeeping knocking on the door and then walking in. They did not wait for us to answer the door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We loved this hotel! Very friendly staff, easy check-in, right off the interstate. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a spacious and clean bathroom. The pool is pretty small, but good enough for kids to splash around in. Easily the best continental breakfast I've seen in a hotel - a huge variety of foods! And if you like to eat at Cracker Barrel, it's right next door - easy to walk to. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for such an amazing review of the hotel. I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your recommendation is very much appreciated. Come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Day 2- Stayed in a nice king room for under $115 for two. Room was clean, clean and clean. Used the phone to locate and reserve the property. The staff was great and they had a fantastic free breakfast in the morning. Close to many other restaurants as well as gas station

1  Thank JeffandCarolyn

Thanks for the great review. Hope you found some great buys on your trip! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to see you again next year!