“Bus friendly”

Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Whitmore Lake, Michigan, United States
“Bus friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located near the expressway and only minutes from downtown and the Kentucky horse park. Had a large school group and staff was very accommodating. Was able to pull the bus in under the overhang at main entrance and there was plenty of space for maneuvering the bus around the building and for parking. There are also multiple driveways. McDonald's, WaffleHouse, and Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Excellent hotel for all of you tour organizers and bus drivers out there! Free wifi. Free hot breakfast. Newer hotel. Indoor pool and jacuzzi with ADA lifts.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Wow! Thanks for such a great review of the hotel. We love having tour groups stay with us. Like you said, we are just minutes from downtown and within a short walk of the Cracker Barrell and Waffel House. Our free hot breakfast and complimentary WIFI are always a hit with tour groups. Thank you again for such a great review it is very much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mercer, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while vacationing in Lexington. The rooms are not large, but are adequate and clean. A refrigerator was in the room and wifi was complimentary. Breakfast is complimentary and was hot. The hotel is very convenient to the highway. The staff at the hotel were fabulous. A package was being sent to me via UPS at the hotel and didn't arrive as scheduled. The staff held my cell phone number and contacted me upon its arrival so I could pick it up. They also provided maps of the local area and good suggestions of what to see and where to eat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My compliments to the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn P
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I am happy to hear that the team provided such great service. Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Stevensville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The Fairfield Inn Lexington North is a great hotel that is consistently great! With there wonderful breakfast, great location, modern and vibrant rooms, and their great customer service, makes it a killer to other competeing hotels in the absolute area, which pale in comparison. You can't go wrong. We've stayed here multiple times and never have had an issue. We absolutely love this hotel and the city of Lexington!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
What a great review!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. I hope that you were able to enjoy our new complimentary hot breakfast; we have recently added biscuits and gravy to the rotation. Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I checked in around 10 pm on a Saturday night. I had forgotten to indicate that I needed non feather pillows when I made the reservation a few days prior. Nikki at the front desk found non allergenic pillows and delivered them personally. We had a good night's sleep thanks to her efforts. The woman staffing the breakfast area was very good at keeping everything stocked and had a cheerful attitude.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for mentioning the great service that Niki provided. We are lucky to have her on our team. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. We recently added the scrambled eggs and meat to the breakfast bar. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay if you a traveling. The rooms are small and feel a bit cramped. They are however clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom has a larger feel to it. They also offer a large hot breakfast to get you going in the morning. The pool is also very small but is well kept. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and courteous. They are conveniently located within in five miles of some great places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are just a few minutes from downtown Lexington and just a few minutes the other from the Hamburg Pavilion. Thanks again for the great review. We look forward to having you back again soon.
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stopped here while I was passing through Kentucky. I had an issue with my room and the cleanliness of it. The front desk girl had me talk to Sara who was the manager on duty. She helped us with the room situation, and was very apologetic towards myself and wife. She was very sincere, she is an asset to this hotel. If only the cleanliness was not an issue.

Room Tip: Check room to make sure it was cleaned good, before going out to dinner.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to post your review; we greatly value your feedback. I am glad to hear that Sarah was able to work out the issue you had with your room. We are lucky to have someone like Sarah leading our team at the front desk. Thank you again for feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Greenfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel the week of May 6. I have stayed at hotels all over the US and parts of Europe and this is, by far, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The front desk staff (particularly Nikki & Samuel) was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and directions to other attractions. If we are ever in the area again we will difinitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a suite and ask for a Room on the back of the hotel facing the horse farm.
Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I glad to hear that Samuel and Niki went the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one. I hope you had a chance to try our new hot breakfast. We have just begun serving scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat every morning. Thank you again for sharing this great review of your stay.