We left Windsor, Ontario around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 29 and arrived in Lexington, KY tired and hungry. After driving all day, I always look forward to a good meal and exercise in a pool. Rather than asking to check out the pool myself, I asked the young lady at the desk if the indoor pool was warm. She smiled and said that it was quite warm - almost like bath water! I took her at her word and we checked in. We also asked her about a good restaurant - we did not want fast food. She recommended dinner at another Marriott location about 5 minutes away; service was impeccable, the meal was delicious. After dinner we returned to the hotel, got changed and went down to the pool - it was ice cold! Lap swimmers like a water temperature around 78 but this was barely that. I didn't go in any further than my knees and before returning to my room, I went to the desk and told the young lady how disappointed I was with the temperature. She said that no one else had complained!!! The next morning when I was asked about my stay, I again mentioned that the water in the pool was extremely cold. I was then told it was 85 and I should have checked out the thermometer in the pool. I said no one told me about a thermometer, but maybe someone should then check on regulating the air temperature in the pool area. I taught water aerobics at an international fitness company in suburban Chicago for a number of years and I believe I have good judgment when it comes to issues concerning pool maintenance/water temperature, etc.
Too bad the young lady didn't suggest I should check it out myself - in fact, on my return trip to Canada (this time, September 5) when I stopped in Lexington, KY, I checked out the Hilton Garden Inn, 193 Plaudit Place, and the young lady at the desk personally walked me down to the pool so I could check out the water temperature for myself. It was wonderful!!! We had a great meal not far from the hotel and enjoyed a pleasant, comfortable 45 minutes in the pool!
When we drive through Lexington, KY again on 75, I know where we will stay. Want a heated indoor pool? Try the Hilton Garden Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We look forward to accommodating travelers in the most spacious guest rooms and suites in the area, less than 4 miles to Downtown Lexington. The hotel is within a 5 minute drive to the UK Coldstream Research Campus, Lexmark, & Toyota. Lexington is known for The Kentucky Horse Park, University of Kentucky, Keeneland & the historical KY Bourbon Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Lexington North
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Lexington North Hotel Lexington