“Hospital visit”

University Inn Hotel
Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 30, 2014

While staying with family member. We stayed at University Inn.Our stay was very nice across street from hospital, continental breakfast good, and shuttle service to and from hospital. Staff very helpful. We would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and have had no problems. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff are friendly. The location is perfect for UK events or if one needs place to stay near the hospital. I would definitely recommend that you stay here when you visit Lexington.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tshot05
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Paid $130 for a $75 value.

Rooms were Days Inn quality and located across from some off campus party houses. We heard trains and sirens often. I learned the next morning that the hospital was in sight.

There are much better places to stay near the UK campus.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had a room there for nine weeks while my Dad was in the ICU at UK. They were always very helpful. They kept our room clean even though we were not there but on the weekends. They knew us by first name when we would check in. When My dad did pass away they sent my family a sympathy Card. I never expected it, but it was so appreciated. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone. It is not FANCY but I was not there for Fancy I was there for my Dad and Mom..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Love this hotel! I was a bit afraid of what we would find after reading the reviews. But I couldn't pass on the convenient location to the UK campus for the event we are in town for. Yes, I paid a high price, but I love this place! It's not a Marriot or Hilton, but it's just right for our three night stay. Breakfast was fine, our room was neat and clean, and all staff members were very hospitable. Despite being fully booked all three nights, the hotel was quiet. All kinds of fun food options within a couple miles. Refrigerator and microwave in the room made it possible to keep leftovers. Definitely will return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pamdjones
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here for one night with a 76.00 rate from Hotwire. I wouldn't pay any more than that for this hotel. While it is convenient to the hospital and campus, there are nearby hotels that are much nicer. In addition to the sirens, you can clearly hear the train and this hotel backs up to the college party houses on University which even in the winter with doors and windows closed can get loud. The rooms are clean but dated. Plumbing problems seem to be the norm according to the desk clerk. The carpets in the hallways are stained and worn. This place could really use a decor update throughout. I gave this stars because "poor" seemed to harsh, but is was "average" at best.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before surgery at Central Baptist. It is close by. The place is adequate. Rooms are small. There are two buildings. I think we got in the bad building. THE PLACE REEKS OF SMOKE. I am wheezing this morning from the smoke. We tried two rooms. Same smell. This place is not owned by Central Baptist but the hospital has a contract with them for people who live a distance away.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KentuckyKay
UniversityInnHotel, Owner at University Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

All of our rooms are non smoking and there is a 200.00 charge if caught smoking but at times some people do not provide a credit card because they say they do not have one and pay with cash. We use ozone machines to take the smell out of rooms. If people would respect my property and others and not smoke we would not have these issues.