“Stayed here during a meeting”

University Inn Hotel
Ranked #42 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
San Francisco, California
“Stayed here during a meeting”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here during a meeting. Room was on the second floor facing the main road. If you are a light sleeper you might want a room facing the other side as the hotel is very close to the hospital and you can hear ambulances at night. Free continental breakfast from 6-10am everyday. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful, they recommended some good restaurants for us also they helped us call cabs. Free WiFi in every room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. Very good location near the University and hospitals. Breakfast was good. Very friendly staff. Everything we needed for a nice weekend stay in Lexington. I'd recommend and return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel was average, close proximity to UK and adequate lighting. I stayed in the second building and as soon as I walked in there was a stale stench in the air, I had to light a candle and get the air circulating in the room to feel comfortable.They do offer a continental breakfast.

Cropwell, Alabama, Usa
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We found this online and decided to stay here due to its close proximity to AL/UK football game we were attending. A little nervous going in due the obvious age of the facility, but really had nice experience here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we return for a football game. The facility is older and room is cookie cutter and small from that "day and age", but the owners clearly have a interest in managing it well. Room furniture was pretty up to date and most importantly the room was CLEAN. HVAC unit was one of the "wall units" but it operated just fine and kept the room cool. Morning buffet typical of all the chain hotels. Easy walking distance to the stadium and easy drive to downtown nightlife & restaurants. Not a top tier luxury hotel but served our purpose very well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed here recently while my dad had to hospitalized in Lexington. The hotel was clean, bed comfortable and breakfast was ok and met needs for a continental breakfast. Coffee was really good. I can not remember the young mans name at the front desk that worked night as he was a college student, however, he was very friendly, helpful. I would stay there again if the need arise.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed October 5, 2013

University Inn was fine. We needed to be close to VA Hospital since my husband was having surgery and have stayed before. It is higher than some others but,we received a military discount.

There was a confusion about the reservation, I went online and found University Inn Hotel-Reservation Desk. Wouldn't you think it was as listed? When I made the reservation, the add was listed on the left of the home page;
"Why Book With Us?
No Cancellation or Change Fees.
Lowest Price Guaranteed (in blue) etc."
The way it was listed, I thought I was making a reservation with the Reservation Dsk at University Inn. I was told that it was not University Inn and that I could not get a refund and if I cancelled,I would be charged anyway. The charge was $120 plus tax, almost $130.
Later, I did get in touch with University Inn and received a discount for the second night which cost me $82 including taxes etc.
This was a great disappointment.

Florence
Reviewed October 5, 2013

OK - so I booked this hotel for family weekend and after reading about it. It is a little pricey for what you get. Our room was fine - however someone needs to talk to cleaning about how to stock a room - yes we use shampoo to wash our hair put it in the room. The breakfast is nothing to write home about - to be honest I've had better at a Holiday Inn for less $$.

The great thing is being so close to campus and my UK student.

Next time, we will stay further out, and save the money for fun ... lesson learned.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family