“Our family's choice for Indian in Lexington”
Review of Masala

Masala
Ranked #99 of 930 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have eaten at Masala for years now (this occasion was for my mother's birthday) and the food is always very fresh and the service friendly. My favorite is the Chicken Tikka Masala and my wife's is the Chicken Korma. Ordering off the menu for dinner is not cheap, but the buffet is reasonably priced for lunch. My only suggestion would be to have gulab jamons on the buffet every day rather than selectively.

1  Thank TravelinManDan
There are newer reviews for Masala

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food really wasn't that bad, it also wasn't great though. My biggest problem was that I had attempting to use an unexpired groupon and they wouldn't take it. The owner had told the server to refuse them, however the owner or a manager wasn't there to talk to about it. The server didn't really know what to do. I ate there anyways and it wasn't worth the money spent. The bathrooms were also very gross. I didn't really think the naan was that great, and the chicken masala was okay, but even if it was great I wouldn't go back after seeing the restrooms and service.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

A family favorite. We like the saag gosht (lamb in creamy spinach sauce), eggplant bartha, pishwari naan (honey, nuts and raisin naan bread). Mango lassis also great, but filling. Mostly the food has been very good, rarely a dish will be not up to their usual. Entrees run around $14

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Flies on the buffet. I told the manager and he said, "I know", and did nothing. I can only imagine what is going on in the back if they let that go on in plain view of their customers. I will not return.

If you don't mind food-borne illness, give it a try.

2  Thank Robotazky
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I've been here a few times with friends. It was my first experience with Indian food. I had the tikka masala and garlic naan... SO DELICIOUS... and spicy. It's a nice sit-down restaurant. Service is pretty good. It's clean. Expect to pay between $12-20. It's very filling. I don't think I've ever been able to finish my meal... but it tastes just as great the next day.

1  Thank FuturaMochilera

Been to Masala? Share your experiences!