“Positive experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spartanburg
“Positive experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with a smile and was quickly checked in. I was made to feel as if I was the most important guest in the hotel. I was given an overview of the amenities, locations of the restaurant, lounge and times for breakfast and the evening receptions. The room exceeded my expectations and I will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This hotel gets a lot of things right and has a nice bar and restaurant to boot. My number one complaint is that in any hotel, especially more expensive ones, the guest should be able to run the fan to mask random hotel noise, afterall, we come to these places to sleep. Fortunately the AC turned on and off fairly quietly, so this was not as big of a problem as some other hotels. There was also a perfumy smell in the room, like the kind you hang in a car to mask odor, but it seemed to get less noticable after a while.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 19, 2010

My stay was short, but very pleasant. The sound of the fountains was relaxing. Every area was sparkling clean. The room was spacious and included everything I could possibly need. The complimentary breakfast had something for everyone and was cooked fresh to order. I especially enjoyed the complimentary cocktails and appetizers that was served each evening. Check in and check out was quick and simple.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Personnel are very friendly. Breakfast was good. The bathrooms seemed very dated and small. The cold-air return in the bedroom was filthy and hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. There were also room service trays and empty glasses in the hallway.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night on the way from NC to IL and were astonished at the quality of this hotel. The front desk personnel were extreemly friendly and were willing to show us around the hotel quickly so we would know where everything was. When we got to the room, we were astounded at the level of comfort and ammenities. They even put chocolate mints in the room which is something I haven't seen in years. They have won an award most of the past 10 years for the top 10% in customer service. It is well deserved.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for a week during the world Equestrian Games and really could not give the hotel enough praise. Everything was fabulous from the room which was plenty large enough for three people, to the plentiful Happy Hour each night. Dinner at the restaurant and drinks at the bar were very tasty and the service was always spot on. We had one little issue with being charged twice and it was solved straight away. Room service was promp and tasty. What more can I say other than I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Lexington for Business or Leisure. The only thing would be if you wanted to be close to town this hotel is not right in town. WELL DONE ON A GREAT SHOW!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was an incredible stay from the minute we checked in. I made a mistake on the date of booking my room and showed up late that night. The manager found a room for us. When we walked in, we realized he had upgraded us to a beautiful suite w/o so much as fuss. Did I mention that I got the room for free using points? The friend I was traveling with has cancer and we were there for the World Equestrian Games (an event on her "bucket list"). The suite just made the trip all the more memorable. And the complimentary brunch was FABULOUS!! They went above and beyond the call of duty, especially considering the mistake was on MY part!.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends