“Exquisitely managed hotel, great for the family”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This Embassy Suites is the best-managed hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff is incredibly attentive, helpful and prompt. The hotel itself is new (new mattresses, flat screen TVs, etc.) and very well kept. They have free hors d'oeuvres at the bar every night. The room service is good. This was our second stay--the hotel is halfway between my in-laws' house in Michigan and my parents' house in NC, and we plan to keep coming back every Christmas break. A very restful stop on a long road trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Plenty of selections at breakfast. We practically made a meal of the afternoon reception. All staff were attentive and hospitable. This is an attractive, comfortable hotel, with roomy suites and nice amenities. Typically Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We got there and enjoyed the free drinks. The free appetizers were mainly just vegetables and chips, but whose going to complain about free.

The room was nice and quiet. I never had any problems with noise.

The bartenders were very nice and friendly. We had a great time just sitting and talking with Al. The majority of hotel staff was good except a couple of occurences. The maid just walked into our room one time while my wife was in the shower and I was watching TV in bed. One of the guys at the front desk, about 40-45 was a real #$@#. We ordered a pizza and told the guy at the front desk that we were in the bar if the pizza game came. The guy told us that wasn't for him to deal with. I have a few choice words for him and he decided to let it go.

The interaction with the one @##$% would have been enough to keep me from ever staying at a lesser hotel again. However, the rest of the staff was apologetic and the bartender took it upon himself to "correct" the man up front. My only other complaint is the hotel is a little out of the way, but not too bad. It's right across the street from Griffin Gate.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
eslex, Management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. While I was happy to see your overal experience was good, I was shocked by the response you received from one of our associates. This is not the kind of service we provide and it clearly was not according to our standards. I apologize for this negative experience. Thank you for letting us know our other associates did live up to our promise of delivering excellent service.

Reviewed November 30, 2009

During one of my many business trips, I had the pleasure of spending several nights at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, KY. While many hotels brag about their fast check in, I can honestly say I spent no more than 30 seconds getting my key and being shown the elevators. The lobby is very well decorated, and the large fountain in front of the elevators is very nice. Once I arrived in my room, I could hear the fountain from the front room, until I turned on the television, but once I moved to the bedroom, you could not hear the fountain at all. They have a very nice breakfast in the morning, and this gets your day off to a nice start. The staff made all the guests that I spoke to fell welcomed. This is truly a gem in the many hotels in Lexington.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I stayed here for three days on a business trip. It was nice. I didn't pay for the room, but I know it was about the same price as any other Embassy Suites ($140-180 a night).

The service was great. The front desk was always there to help me print things, and the restaurant had attentive, fast service. The lunch buffet was quite tasty, especially the red potatoes. Breakfast was good, just as it is in most Embassy Suites hotels.

The conference areas seemed adequate for the conference we were attending. No complaints there. The lunch break sandwiches were very good and satisfying.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I had a business trip in Lexington, KY and stayed at the Embassy Suites. The staff were excellent, the rooms were very clean, and the hotel was beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Lexington as part of a meeting that was taking place at this hotel and at the property across the street, the Marriott Griffin Gate. I was very glad to stay at this property as the staff were exceedingly friendly, the rooms were updated, comfortable and quiet. Overall--this was a very positive experience and if my travels take me to this area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business