“Not keeping up”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I always stay at the Embassy at least once a year. This year I noticed the hotel was not as clean as in past times. Grout in bathroom was very worn and dirty and ceiling by the vent was black-needs to be cleaned or painted! Service in restaurant, happy hour and at check in was excellent as usual! I will stay again, however, some attention to details need to be made.

Room Tip: corner rooms are good-also higher floors good-no children above you running and jumping!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear sharonandpaul1,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel.

I appreciate your positive comments about our service as well as your constructive comments about the state of the bathroom. We are committed to cleanliness and condition of all the areas, but it seems we have fallen short in the bathroom of your suite. We understand the issues that we have in our bathrooms and we are planning a full renovation of all bathrooms starting in November 2013. I would appreciate if you could email me at jan.vanco@eslexington.com with the room number, so we can take of this progressed issue.

Once again thank you for your review and thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites and we are looking to welcome you back again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a great stay in our 2 bedroom suite. The room has a master bedroom door that closes so our 2-year old was able to sleep very well (he has trouble when we are all in the same room). The room was nice and clean and the breakfast was really good...they even had made to order omelets. We will always stay at this hotel when we are in the Lexington area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Patricia S.,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay in our hotel.

I am very happy that you and your family were able to fully enjoy your stay and we all hope that we get to welcome you all back to Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference, which was also held here. Everything was great! No one in my party had a single complaint. The hotel and ground were very clean. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Porsha F.

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay in our hotel.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay fully and we all hope that we get to welcome you back to Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013, as our base for several days on the Bourbon Trail. The location was perfect for us, and the property in many ways was outstanding. Although the hotel was a typical Embassy Suites in terms of configuration and offerings, I was impressed by several things: (1) breakfast was better than usual- fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon!; (2) the staff was extremely helpful; and (3) the hotel was right on a running/biking path that was great for exercise. Unfortunately several issues caused this to be a 2 star recommendation instead of something better, including: (1) an unsafe cooking environment for the cook to order chef- the stove was missing knobs and was in obvious disrepair- in fact, the electric ignition for the burners did not work, and I watched one of the chefs light a few of the gas burners- in the process the chef ended up with a minor burn- why is something like this not addressed? It reflects very negatively on the hotel; (2) the vents in the bathroom above the shower were caked with dust/dirt and obviously had not been cleaned in a LONG time; (3) despite a great breakfast, certain items were offered but not advertised- this included grits and biscuits/gravy; and (4) checkout took way too long- the bill was accurate but needed to be split in thirds- that process took 10-15 minutes for no obvious reason at all. I would stay here again if I found myself in the Lexington area if I knew that hotel management addressed the issues that need attention, especially in regards to kitchen safety and bathroom cleaning. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

Dear RazorTraveler,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel and I certainly appreciate the thorough review.

We certainly appreciate the positive comments as well as the constructive ones. Issues that you have brought up have been addressed and we utilize all constructive comments to improve our product and performance. The knobs that were missing on one part of the stove were removed as that part was waiting for a repair. The ignition issue has been addressed as well and we certainly address all issues as they occur as the safety of our guests as well as associates is a priority.

I apologize for the buildup on the vent in the bathroom and this certainly is unacceptable and we are in process of correcting this issue in rooms that might have it.

Once again thank you for the time taken to review your stay and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back at our hotel again. If I can be of any service, please email me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't usually review hotels because I'm not a prima donna about rooms, but I felt compelled to compliment the banquet services at Embassy Suites Lexington, KY. As a professional speaker, I interface often with banquet services but my encounter with what I understand to be a new hire, Jehosaphat, was nothing short of the best support and pro-active service I have ever experienced in over 10 years of my life as a speaker in hundreds of hotels and resorts. This guy made the service personnel on Cruise Ships look like slackers. Amazingly helpful, resourceful, thoughtful, and totally dedicated in thought, word, and action. I simply can't say enough to compliment Embassy Suites on their decision to hire this man. Bill, AV Support, was efficient, effective, and savvy. Also, he anticipated problems. I used a yellow slide as a place holder on screen and he sought me out to make sure that the color was correct and not a faulty RGB cable. I have NEVER had this happen with any other AV support. Proactive support is always appreciated and I'm happy to compliment this immediately as it is RARE with banquet service. OUTSTANDING service. Thank YOU Bill and Jehoshaphat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dotsultant

Dear dotsultant,

Thank you for the time taken to review your experience with two of our associates.

We are also ecstatic about having these two gentlemen on our team and they are true ambassadors of the hospitality that we strive to provide to each and every guest.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope we get to welcome you back at Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This property is absolutely amazing. The landscaping is captivating and the inside of the property is immaculate. It is the most relaxing and refreshing hotel we've ever had the pleasure of staying at.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Jose Luis T.,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we all certainly hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this property. I stay at Hilton Brand hotels about 35 times a year. This is one of the nicest Embassy's I've ever stayed in. The friendly staff went out of the way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The grounds around to hotel ... superb!!! I wll be a repeat customer!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family