“Great hotel for family with toddler” 5 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, United States
“Great hotel for family with toddler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a great stay in our 2 bedroom suite. The room has a master bedroom door that closes so our 2-year old was able to sleep very well (he has trouble when we are all in the same room). The room was nice and clean and the breakfast was really good...they even had made to order omelets. We will always stay at this hotel when we are in the Lexington area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Patricia S.,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay in our hotel.

I am very happy that you and your family were able to fully enjoy your stay and we all hope that we get to welcome you all back to Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference, which was also held here. Everything was great! No one in my party had a single complaint. The hotel and ground were very clean. I would definately stay here again.

Dear Porsha F.

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay in our hotel.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay fully and we all hope that we get to welcome you back to Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013, as our base for several days on the Bourbon Trail. The location was perfect for us, and the property in many ways was outstanding. Although the hotel was a typical Embassy Suites in terms of configuration and offerings, I was impressed by several things: (1) breakfast was better than usual- fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon!; (2) the staff was extremely helpful; and (3) the hotel was right on a running/biking path that was great for exercise. Unfortunately several issues caused this to be a 2 star recommendation instead of something better, including: (1) an unsafe cooking environment for the cook to order chef- the stove was missing knobs and was in obvious disrepair- in fact, the electric ignition for the burners did not work, and I watched one of the chefs light a few of the gas burners- in the process the chef ended up with a minor burn- why is something like this not addressed? It reflects very negatively on the hotel; (2) the vents in the bathroom above the shower were caked with dust/dirt and obviously had not been cleaned in a LONG time; (3) despite a great breakfast, certain items were offered but not advertised- this included grits and biscuits/gravy; and (4) checkout took way too long- the bill was accurate but needed to be split in thirds- that process took 10-15 minutes for no obvious reason at all. I would stay here again if I found myself in the Lexington area if I knew that hotel management addressed the issues that need attention, especially in regards to kitchen safety and bathroom cleaning. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear RazorTraveler,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel and I certainly appreciate the thorough review.

We certainly appreciate the positive comments as well as the constructive ones. Issues that you have brought up have been addressed and we utilize all constructive comments to improve our product and performance. The knobs that were missing on one part of the stove were removed as that part was waiting for a repair. The ignition issue has been addressed as well and we certainly address all issues as they occur as the safety of our guests as well as associates is a priority.

I apologize for the buildup on the vent in the bathroom and this certainly is unacceptable and we are in process of correcting this issue in rooms that might have it.

Once again thank you for the time taken to review your stay and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back at our hotel again. If I can be of any service, please email me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't usually review hotels because I'm not a prima donna about rooms, but I felt compelled to compliment the banquet services at Embassy Suites Lexington, KY. As a professional speaker, I interface often with banquet services but my encounter with what I understand to be a new hire, Jehosaphat, was nothing short of the best support and pro-active service I have ever experienced in over 10 years of my life as a speaker in hundreds of hotels and resorts. This guy made the service personnel on Cruise Ships look like slackers. Amazingly helpful, resourceful, thoughtful, and totally dedicated in thought, word, and action. I simply can't say enough to compliment Embassy Suites on their decision to hire this man. Bill, AV Support, was efficient, effective, and savvy. Also, he anticipated problems. I used a yellow slide as a place holder on screen and he sought me out to make sure that the color was correct and not a faulty RGB cable. I have NEVER had this happen with any other AV support. Proactive support is always appreciated and I'm happy to compliment this immediately as it is RARE with banquet service. OUTSTANDING service. Thank YOU Bill and Jehoshaphat!

1 Thank Dotsultant
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear dotsultant,

Thank you for the time taken to review your experience with two of our associates.

We are also ecstatic about having these two gentlemen on our team and they are true ambassadors of the hospitality that we strive to provide to each and every guest.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope we get to welcome you back at Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

Milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This property is absolutely amazing. The landscaping is captivating and the inside of the property is immaculate. It is the most relaxing and refreshing hotel we've ever had the pleasure of staying at.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Jose Luis T.,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we all certainly hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Rome, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this property. I stay at Hilton Brand hotels about 35 times a year. This is one of the nicest Embassy's I've ever stayed in. The friendly staff went out of the way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The grounds around to hotel ... superb!!! I wll be a repeat customer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert A,

Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our fourth stay at this property, and we will continue to come back to this terrific example of an Embassy Suites.

This time found us with lightning fast check-in, and a room exactly as we had hoped (as close as we could to the pool, rm 222). It's nice to see that our room requests left on the hhonors site are read, and acted upon.

A quick inspection of the room found only one problem. The cocktail glasses clearly had not been changed (one had liquid in it, another without the plastic cover). A call to the desk had fresh ones on the way. Meanwhile we discovered that the toilet was refilling extremely slowly, and that the doorstop at the main door had pulled loose from its proper place.

A housekeeper brought the glasses (more on this later), and we showed her the other issues. Within minutes Wayne (engineering) arrived. A quick review showed that the doorstop would be fine until we depart, but the toilet needed immediate attention. We wanted to go down to the managers reception to refresh after our long drive. We returned about 20 minutes later to find that Wayne had accomplished a refit of the workings of the toilet AND fixed the doorstop in our absence. I looked for any other evidence that he had been there (a drop of water on the floor? nope. A dash of concrete powder from drilling for the doorstop? Nope). Wayne fixed our issues with a smile, efficiency, and with an obvious eye to 'finishing' the job by cleaning up. Thanks Wayne.

OK, back to the glasses. If you read my reviews, you will find that this seems to be a thread with me at Hilton properties (HGI and ES). Again during this stay we found that the glasses were overlooked by housekeeping before we checked in, and again during our stay. We were there for 4 nights, and only once did housekeeping replace the glasses. It is so disappointing to return to find a flawlessly cleaned room, but to find the glassware was ignored yet again. It makes one wonder if there is a 'green' policy like the towels on this, but I sure wish someone would tell me about if that is the case.

Without going over all my reviews, I believe this issue has been present during 3 of 4 stays at this hotel. It is also basically the only issue at our favorite hotel.

Other good stuff - It's nice to be greeted by name, and to have everything as requested handled in seconds. Friendly staff throughout. Excellent service at the managers reception (Thanks Alex!) and breakfast. The front desk staff is as good as any I have ever utilized, and more friendly than most (Thanks Jamie). The pool was clean, good temperature, lots of towels. Better breakfast selection than most, better managers reception selection than some. Cool selections on the restaurant menu. Try the Hot Brown Pasta.

A few misses - One child found an out of date milk at breakfast, and it had begun to turn bad. Breakfast lines were longer than most ES locations we have stayed at. Not enough outlets for today's multi-charger world. The shower/tub divert valve was very sticky, and it was clear others had been pulling too hard trying to make it work (loose tub fill spout, we didn't report it).

Thanks again for a great stay. Leave us a bottle of dish soap if you want us to clean the glasses, please.

Room Tip: Rm 222, and those around it have nearly immediate access (but no view) of the indoor pool. They mig...