“Little out of the way but nice stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, Delaware
“Little out of the way but nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hotel was very nice. Clean, spacious rooms with two tvs,a nice size kitchen and a sitting room. Comfortable bed. They served a free breakfast which was very nice- bagels, omelets, eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast and sausage. They also served a nice lunch at a reasonable price.
The location was a little out of the way , you definetely need a car to get around and to eat anywhere besides the hotel. But I would stay here again. 10 minutes to downtown Lexington and you can walk around outside for miles for exercise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Subtlesandy,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Lexington. I am pleased you enjoyed your time in our Embassy Suites and I hope that we will get to welcome you again soon.

Please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com if I can be of any personal assistance.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed three days at the Embassy Suites in Lexington on a business trip and was very happy with my stay.

The hotel is set back from the main roads and was very quiet. It is a large (huge) building with a large internal atrium. The room was spacious. When I entered the room I entered a living space with a couch, television, refrigerator, microwave, and table and chair. The bedroom was separated from this room by a separate door. I thought the furniture and the room itself looked a little worn/dated, but it was nicely lit and very very quiet. The bathroom was large. I did not experience any hot water problems and the water pressure was fine.

I used the fitness center, which has both cardio equipment and dumbbells, and had room service. I was surprised at how well-prepared the salmon dish I ordered was. It was one of the best in-room meals I've had, and I have a lot of in-room meals. The cooked to order breakfast was great, with a friendly cook and a wonderful buffet. I went each day right as it opened, so it was never crowded.

There was plenty of free parking as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear fenwayman,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Lexington and thank you for the thorough review of our hotel. I am definitely very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and I hope we will be able to welcome you back at Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

If I can be of any assitance personally please contact me at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Room are nice and pretty clean but the furniture is cheap similar to assemble it yourself dorm furniture. Bed was good and bathroom was fine. Wi-fi internet is $10 per day but worked fine anywhere in room. 2 nice tv's in room with ok channels but not great selection. Quiet. Hotel was busy with groups. Bar was nice with charismatic bartenders. Breakfast was ok for free. Would stay there again overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
DaveHuntsville_AL,

Thank you very much for the time taken to review your stay at our property.

It seems that overall you were satisfied with your stay and we really appreciate your constructive comments about the furniture, channel selection, etc. We take all comments very seriously and consider changes based on our guests' comments. I certainly hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon and please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com if I can be of any assistance or if you have any additional comments or suggestions.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just stayed a week at this hotel. Service was FANTASTIC. Staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was one of the best breakfasts I have eaten in a while. Real classy accomadations. Was very satisfied at this hotel. Will definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Tom S.,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Lexington and for the time taken to review your stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and I certainly hope that we get to welcome you here at Embassy Suites Lexington again soon.

If I can be of any help personally, please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great location, right off the highway that circles Lexington and I 75. Many shops and restaurants about 5 minutes away, though nothing within walking distance. Hotel is very nice - 2 room suites with manager's reception and cooked to order breakfast each day. Very clean with nice and friendly staff. Will definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Xiphoid76,

Thank you very much for the time taken to write a review about your stay at our Embassy Suites.

I am happy you were pleased with your stay in our hotel. We strive to make each of our guests' stay a special one and it seems your stay was exactly what you wished for.

I certainly hope we get to welcome you here again soon and if I can be of any personal help, please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com

At your service

Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Travelling on vacation and booked three nights at the Embassy Suites Lexington. This newer property is comfortable, convenient and great place to make your "home base" while in Lexington.

The suite is composed of an average size bedroom equipped with the standard furnishings. The bed was comfortable. with crisp linens and more pillows that we could use. The second room of the suite was a generously proportioned sitting room equipped with a couch, chair, second TV, work table, and so on. In between the two rooms is a small hallway that includes a kitchen counter complete with sink, microwave, refrigerator and a fair bit of cupboard space.

I have stayed at other suite hotels where there is also a stove and even a small dishwasher, but this location did not include those amenities. That is not a bad thing, just something that the traveller might want to know in advance.

We started each morning with an ample breakfast which could include just about anything you desired. The manager's reception in the evening also provided snacks and drinks to your heart's desire.

Staff was friendly and accomodating - the chilled lemonade at the enterance during the hot days we were there was certainly a nice touch. When booking we asked for a quiet room away from the elevators, and that request was respected.

The pool appeared to be well maintained. I went for a swim at the end of the day - was probably one of the last people to use the pool that day, and everything was tidy and clean.

There is a surcharge for internet useage at this facility. Given the lengths they go to in other areas (see breakfast and manager's reception above) I am surprised that this is the case, particularly in this day and age. Internet access should be a given. We paid the surcharge on one of the days and I found the connection to be good on each of laptop. tablet, and iphone.

We noted that the main staircase had not been vacuumed during the entire time we were there as evidenced by one particular piece of garbage that we stepped over for three days. It was not near enough to turn me off of the place, but sometimes the things I see make me wonder about the things I don't see. A minor point really as we were pleased with the overall level of cleanliness.

Location adjacent to the interstate is convenient to things such as the Red Mile and the Kentucky Horse Park. Also a good location if you are planning to head out to some of the wineries or distilleries. Downtown Lexington (which you just have to visit - especially the Saturday morning farmer's market) is 10-15 minutes by car and an easy drive.

During the time we were there, we saw business travellers, families, couples like ourselves, and even some sort of travelling youth group. This facility caters to a wide range of travellers and would appear to be a good choice regardless of the type of trip you are on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anacreon100
Dear Anacreon100,

Thank you for the time taken to write such a thorough review of our hotel. We know you have many choices of hotels when travelling and we are very happy you chose our Embassy Suites for your home away from home.

Thank you very much for all the positive comments and also for several suggestions that you have made in your review. We strive to improve our performance every day and it is reviews like yours that help us improve our service and product.

Once again sincerest thank you for your review and I hope we will be able to welcome you at our Embassy Suites again soon. If I can be of any personal assistance, please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com

Jan
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have stayed here three years in a row and will keep coming back! Great location near town and freeways. Room is comfortable and spacious when traveling with kids. Quiet in rooms and we all enjoy the managers reception and breakfast. My husband and I get a few minutes in evening to try a 'flight of bourbon' and see if there are any we have not yet sampled.
In Lexington we enjoy visiting distillers on the bourbon trail and also visiting a horse farm. Just a beautiful area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Diane38953,

Thank you for taking the time to review us again and thank for your loyalty to our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you keep enjoying the amenities and services we provide here. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in our Embassy Suites.

At you Service,