“Terrific stay and we'll go out of our way to stay here again”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, ON
“Terrific stay and we'll go out of our way to stay here again”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I felt proud to have booked this room for my family on our vacation. They loved the surroundings - the roomy lobby, the decor and furnishings. The pool was a hit! They especially loved the breakfast - couldn't say enough about how much they enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful too and the room provided a terrific night's sleep. Only complimentary internet service would have been a suggested improvement.

Room Tip: Try to have a good appetite for the breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
St. Louis
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first time last Sunday night. We have stayed at other Embassy Suites but found this one exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed June 2011
Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I can't say enough about the Embassy Suites, Newton Pike Rd. We are very particular when staying on the road so immaculately clean, quiet accommodations with a good bed are extremely important to us. We expressed our concern to the front desk staff who assured us that our room would be quiet and they were not wrong.
When we came down to the lobby for dinner later in the evening the front desk staff made a point of checking again to be sure our accommodations were satisfactory. The room was very large and comfortable. We had dinner in the Paddock Restaurant, which is located in the main level lobby, our meal was very good, reasonable prices, and our waiter very pleasant. The cost of our room was a little more than other hotels in the area but well worth it. The Embassy offers a very generous hot breakfast which is included with your room. We were going on the "Boubon Trail Tour" and the front desk staff were extremely informative gave us excellent printed directions to our first stop on the tour.
The Embassy Suites is just an excellent property and I would recommend it to anyone.
Should we ever be in the Lexington area in the future there is no doubt as to where we will stay. Thanks to all the staff at Embassy Suites for great service and a comfortable night’s stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is our second time staying at Embassy Suites, Lexington, and not only will it not be our last, but because our stay here actually exceeded those at Marriot and Hyatt in Cincinnati, we'll be trying the Emabassy Suites in Cincinnati for next year's trip.

The rooms are perfect for travel with a child. Our daughter is 9, and was happy to have her own space in the 2 room suite. The pullout couch had it's own television, a treat she wouldn't have at home. The rooms are spacious, and also include a small table and chairs to eat. There is a kitchenette that included a coffee maker, fridge and microwave, and enough storage space for amenities, so you could easily buy groceries and eat meals only at the hotel if you chose. The vanity area is spacious, and the space planning in the room is well designed. The entire room was immaculate and updated.

We've enjoyed the made to order breakfast as well. In addition to a wide selection of standard offerings, such as donuts, cereal, juices, coffee, muffins, fruit, etc., there are also cooks on hand to make the omelet creation of your choosing, as well as pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, etc. I was pleased to see the delightful Ruby still there this year. I remembered her from last year's stay. Always sunny and charming, interested in meeting new people, and a nice smiling face greeting you for breakfast. Our first night, after a long drive, my hubby wanted to sleep in a bit while my daughter and I had breakfast. We were able to make a tray up for him and take it to the room, a nice feature that he appreciated.

As is our tradition, we ordered a desert from room service to share (as well as drinks for the adults). Not only was the desert - the skyscarper, I believe it was called - delicious, but the service was prompt. All food, including our drinks, were covered, and the server was friendly and accomodating.

On this year's trip, as we arrived at 1am, we saw a man driving a car that hit a parked vehicle and fled the scene. As soon as we got inside, we reported the incident to security. I TRULY wish I could remember this man's name (he wrote it down for me on my request, but I seem to have misplaced it). He really was wonderful. He took the information provided by my husband and I and made the report to the police. He handled everything so quickly that it was hardly a hiccup in our ability to get to bed after a long drive. In the morning we met the man who's car had been struck, and the poor security guard, who had worked all night and was overdue to go home to bed, was as professional and empathetic as could be, and stayed until the situation was resolved to the best of his ability. He truly put a good spin on a bad situation.

We don't have a single complaint about our stay. Every single staff member we encountered both during this stay and last made sure our stay was perfect. They seem to enjoy what they do, and I hope Embassy Suites treats them as well as they deserve. They are the icing on the cake.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Salyersville
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My family and I stay here on a regular basis..This is the only hotel we have found that we absolutely love. The free hot made to order breakfast saves us money even though we pay a little more for the room we come out ahead when we don't have to take our crew out to the restaurant for meals especially breakfast. The staff is always friendly and polite and the facilities are always clean and and well maintained. We look forward to our annual stay in July.

Room Tip: we love the suites closest to teh pool.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda1870
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stayed for almost two weeks while on business. Normally don't travel for extended stays, however I felt almost at home. Service was great, breakfast was awesome and room spacious and very comfortable. If back in Lexington I will choose Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed May 2011
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2011

From the time we arrived at the front desk we were treated in a kind and professional manner. The room was spacious and clean, love the suite. The Managers Reception was a wonderful addition to the stay, it gave us a chance to meet other guests and the food and drinks were excellent, the Boardroom that we met in was perfect, allowing us to order dinner & work away, the next morning we were furnished with a beartuiful breakfast at no additional cost...There were lots of families there also for a Soccer Tournament and it all blended perfectly. I look forward to my next stay there later this month.

Room Tip: Just explain to them your travel needs.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business