WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Candlewood Suites Lexington

Candlewood Suites Lexington
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Centreville, Virginia, United States
“The only place I stay when I visit Lexington...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I spend a week in Lexington, every year, since 2008, for the Rolex Three Day Event horse competition. The first year I stayed elsewhere, but every year since then, I've stayed at the Candlewood Suites. The rooms are clean, comfortable, all the space I need. I work as an equine journalist and I love having the desk space to write articles, and the kitchen to cook my own meals. The location is great, I can get to the Kentucky Horse Park in 15 minutes, or downtown.

This past April, my car broke down en route and I canceled my appointment, thinking I'd have to head back home. I ended up arriving later in the night. During one of the busiest weeks of the year for Lexington, the manager and his staff managed to get me a room for one night, then accommodate me in another room, for the remainder of my stay. I can't say enough great things about this place, and the staff. Thank you, and see you, next year!

1 Thank Mary B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We looked at over a dozen Tripadvisor pages and decided on Candlewood suites in Lexington, Ky for a combination of reasons--location, price, and amenities. Candlewood was easy to find, just a hop from the highway. We were delighted with the clean and spacious room. The kitchenette, we did not think we needed, but turns out to be a bonus. We brought food "home" from dining out (The scrumptious Jalapeno's Mexican is a short drive away) and enjoyed a fun evening watching movies and rewarming our midnight snack. It's nice to have a pitcher of cold water in the fridge. The staff is friendly and helpful. The beds are comfy with plenty of pillows, and our 3rd floor room was perfectly quiet. We rested well and will certainly book here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dreamerbee
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very good hotel, large rooms, nice kitchenette, bathroom are spacious. Staff was wonderful. Also want to thank Shawn for his outstanding customer service. Shawn went over and beyond to help us while we stayed there. He had great suggestions about where to go eat, and other information. Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: The rooms are great, great for your money
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had planned on staying here for 3 nights, but we left and went home after staying just one night. I have chemical sensitivity and everywhere has the smell of competing chemicals. The staff was excellent and even took me to another room to see if it was better. They credited us $20 for our inconvenience when we checked out. The rooms are great for long stays or if you want a studio. It had a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, dishwasher, and 2 burner stove (no oven) plus microwave. The little store has a good selection with coffee for no charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melody M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lexington, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Melody M,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the smell of chemicals. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
cali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in town for a weekend at Keeneland, and had a great experience. Room was clean and had all the amenities we could have needed. Close to everything.
Tatiana was very helpful at check-in and then again whenever I had a need. She really bent over backwards for my comfort. Will definitely stay there again next time in Lexington.

Room Tip: Call Tatiana!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greenfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites for about a month while in Lexington on business. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and the place exceeds all expectations for any extended stay property. This was my first time here, and after an extended stay in another city recently, my expectations were not very high. I was surprised on day one with check in procedure, and soon it became obvious that this was not your typical extended stay property.

1 Thank John F
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I travel to the Candlewood Suites in Lexington on a weekly basis for work. If you are looking for a clean and wonderful place to stay with a friendly atmosphere, and the most accommodating staff members Tatiana and Melanie (Front desk manager) this is the place for you. Those two ladies go above and beyond to accommodate me, as well as many of the regulars. The only way this place could get better is if they had a hot tub on the property or a breakfast in the morning. A bar wouldn't hurt either.

Room Tip: Check in when Tatiana or Melanie is working.
2 Thank Djmoneyfab
April A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Lexington, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.