“Bayou in Lexington”

Ranked #34 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: In July 2004 Will Pieratt and Kevin Heathcoat took a the huge leap of faith and opened Bourbon n' Toulouse by maxing out seven credit cards and simply hoping things worked out for the best. The business plan was simple: cook some damn good food, give back to the community that help keep their lights on and have as much fun as the law allows! Ten years later these guys are still extremely passionate about what they do and they haven't grown up a bit, just ask their wives! Always cooking and laughing, these guys are serious about having fun. Stop in and sample the wide array of tasty Cajun and Creole dishes, grab a beer from the ever changing selection and drift away to their own little version of The French Quarter. Not bad for a washed up musician and a retired elementary teacher!
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It's usually when I'm traveling outside of Lexington when I get a craving for some étouffée or gumbo. As I drive to B n' T, I promise myself that only one item will be purchased. Then I stare at the menu offering TWO or THREE items on one plate and I give in to the temptation. Last visit was crawfish étouffée and red chili over rice with a hunk of buttery bread. I grabbed a local beer with a paper and sat at a table on the sidewalk. Great food for a good price that caused me to not return to work

2  Thank Jeff A

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I love this place so much. Will & Kevin are the best; two truly genuine guys who are as down to earth and friendly as can be. They hire people who are just as friendly, which makes for a very welcoming atmosphere. The food? I've had one dish after another there over the years, and it's all good to excellent. I'm esp. into the etoufees, chicken picante, and the jambalaya. Portions are good, esp. for the price. Prices are great- a half portion (which is easily enough, esp. for lunch) is $4.50, w/ a full portion only $6.50. Plus, you can get a half/half of two different dishes.
There's a good amount of seating, wonderful decorations to set the scene, and service is always fast and friendly.

4  Thank LauraFlamini
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stop at Bourbon n' Toulouse every time I get a chance. The food is always great and the staff is friendly. Some great beers are available and great deserts too! One of my favorite spots in Lexington

2  Thank ekussafetyman
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I eat lunch here a lot because people love going there. With that being said, the menu does get old if you are a local. If you are coming to town it is something fun in a neat area of town. It isn't a real big place so tables are a premium, for sure around lunch time. Good food not great, but Louisiana food isn't great to me.

1  Thank Kyle W
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I eat at B&T a couple times a month & it never disappoints. Always new things rotating on the menu & the food is always great!! Fun, intimate, & fast place to get a great meal. I promise you won't be disappointed next time you want some great Cajun food. Keep up the good work Kevin & Will!

1  Thank Todd H