“Amazing cajun food in the bluegrass state”

Bourbon n' Toulouse
Ranked #31 of 942 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: In July 2004 Will Pieratt and Kevin Heathcoat took a the huge leap of faith and opened Bourbon n' Toulouse by maxing out seven credit cards and simply hoping things worked out for the best. The business plan was simple: cook some damn good food, give back to the community that help keep their lights on and have as much fun as the law allows! Ten years later these guys are still extremely passionate about what they do and they haven't grown up a bit, just ask their wives! Always cooking and laughing, these guys are serious about having fun. Stop in and sample the wide array of tasty Cajun and Creole dishes, grab a beer from the ever changing selection and drift away to their own little version of The French Quarter. Not bad for a washed up musician and a retired elementary teacher!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is phenomenal. First, the food is amazing (red beans and rice are the best I've ever had). Second, the service was exceptional. Third, the atmosphere is very cool. Fourth, the price is right (about $10/person)! I love this place and will be back the next time I find myself in Lexington, KY for sure.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Small, college dive with amazing food! Food served on paper plates and no air conditioning but I'd still come back -- the food was that good.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Anytime I don't know where to go out or I'm just craving I come to Bn'T. Great price, greater food. Authentic and charming. I always take out of town guests here.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

On a tour thru KY we spent a day in Lex. I chose this place due to TA reviews, and a friend who used to live here said they ate here a lot when she went to UK. I got 1/2 shrimp ettouffee and 1/2 gumbo. The gumbo tasted great, but it was 90% sligtly gummy sauce and only 10% chunks of unidentifiable "meats". The ettouffee was just gross - texture like pureed oatmeal and really not very flavorful. The bread comes pre smothered in margarine. My hubby had 1/2 black beans and sausage and 1/2 chili. He liked the chili but it was weirdly sweet; he picked at the black beans because the sausage was badly overcooked and the beans were pasty. All in all, a really disappointing meal, amd I'm sorry we wasted our only dinner in Lex on this place.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fantastic food, spicy, and you can still taste all the ingredients. Really friendly staff, great atmosphere! You guys should be on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. This is just the kind of food Guy would love!

1  Thank KizziarC