“Great hotel”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was late when we got there staff was great there was no self parking due to construction, the next morning we wanted to go to the Mary Todd house they took was down so we would not have to get the car out and picked us up. these small things keep me coming back to Hilton Group

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We really appreciate your feedback and enjoy hearing you will be a repeat guest of the hotel. Our garage renovation is complete so next visit you will be able to self park. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. We will look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Hilton was where we had a group rate for our wedding. We had dozens of rooms blocked out, and chose this hotel over the Hyatt for 2 reasons (they both had location going for them): 1. Rooms were about $10 cheaper. 2.) They said there were hotel shuttles available for our use

A couple of points about this hotel:

- After we checked in, they said one of the shuttles was broken down and we couldn't have use of them anymore. It was also Keeneland and prom weekend, so we ended up with no transportation for our guests.
- A majority of the staff were very rude and unwelcoming. We felt like every request was an inconvenience. The staff at the Big Blue Martini were the worst offenders, even though we had large groups that tipped a ton and spent a lot of money.
- One of our guests checked into their room, and found waste in the toilet and a dead bug in their bed. Those are pretty big things to miss when cleaning a room, so it makes you wonder what else was overlooked.
- My husband and I had a suite and I told her when I booked it I wanted to pay the extra for the room since we had 127 people coming in from out of town and wanted to be able to have them in our room. The first night, (around 10pm, when we were not being loud at all), security came to our room and told us that because of how the vent system is set up, every noise we made could be heard loudly a couple of floors up. And that if we didn't make our 2 guests leave we would be evicted from the hotel. Since that was the first night, we couldn't visit with anyone for the rest of the 4 night trip in our room, which was the only reason we paid for it.
- When the room was cleaned daily, they did not replace the toilet paper or tissues once. We had to call the front desk and specially request both.
- While out one day with a large group of people (impossible to run back to the hotel), I called the front desk to see if someone could let my friend into the room so she could bring something I forgot. They refused. They also refused to give my husband a replacement key when he locked his in the room, even though we have the same last name. I booked the room and didn't even think to include his name on it since we had such a large block of rooms under both of our names.

Super disappointing stay and I wish we had paid the extra to stay at the Hyatt. Definitely never coming back here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay is as pleasant and comfortable.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that your comments and issues you have brought up in your review will be addressed.

It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you went through during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you next time you are in town.

If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Louisville, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was quite and the bed very comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Hilton always does a great job with customer service. Overall, I had a great night sleep and a great experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review. We love hearing our guests say they had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. Please come back and visit with us again when you’re in Lexington.
Lexington, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent three nights at the Lexington Hilton, the epicenter of the downtown restaurant and entertainment scene, and could not have been more pleased with my accommodations. Everyone from the valet, bellman, front desk, and maid bent over backwards to satisfy me and make my stay there a joy. If you are in town for Keeneland, a sporting event, or visiting one of the beautiful colleges, you will not find a better location or level of service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your recommendation of our hotel! We truly enjoy hearing our guests say they loved staying in the heart of downtown Lexington. I love your comment of we are the epicenter to it all. We will look forward to your next visit.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Hilton Lexington Downtown is a well run, well designed, well staffed hotel. It has it all: 1) a great location, you can walk around downtown Lexington and you’re close to fun restaurants and there's a Starbucks across the street, 2) well-designed, comfy rooms (they even have those adjustable mattresses where you can modify the firmness settings), 3) a well appointed lobby area where you can work. No problems whatsoever with this hotel – it’s all good, and at a reasonable price. Tip: ask the check-in staff for the Wifi code.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Three things: #1) Thanks for taking time to send in a review on our hotel. #2) Thank you for all of your kind compliments on our staff, service and facility. And last but not least #3) Please come back and visit with us again!
Kentucky
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved the room, but could not master the sleep number mattress. Found myself "wallowing" in the bed by morning. :-) Still a lovely room and the recent renovations are great! Parking was an issue (only valet was available and I had guests coming to share dinner and no convenient parking), but the Heritage Center/Rupp Arena parking was nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate you taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay. So sorry to hear you had issues with your sleep number bed. Please request our pillow top mattresses on your next visit. And I’m happy to report our garage renovation is complete so we can now offer self parking. We hope you come back and visit with us again next time you’re in Lexington.
Lawrenceburg, KY
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Downtown Hilton. The accommodations were fantastic. The suite we stayed in had everything you could want. The staff at this hotel was great from the time we booked our room. Jennifer in reservations was extremely helpful and Morgan was very helpful when we checked in. The staff is awesome! The nightlife around this hotel is growing and there are so many good restaurants in this area. The hotel food was outstanding as well. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a get-away weekend!

Room Tip: The suites are very large and can easily accommodate a large family.