“No complaints”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“No complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Downtown Lexington has a lot to commend to it, including a number of very fine restaurants. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport that runs until midnight. Basically, everything else was what you would want--friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, etc. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks for giving us your feedback. We love hearing guests say we are highly recommended to other travelers. Please drop by and see us again next time you’re in town on business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Ft Thomas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The price was very reasonable for our group stay. We made reservations in April for a block of rooms in July as we had a soccer tournament that weekend. The pool was closed due to “scheduled renovations”. When making a group booking for a youth sports team one would think this would be presented up front as they stated on check in this was “scheduled renovations.” We were given access to the Hyatt’s pool but our keys did not work on the door and you had to rely on the good grace of those inside already to access.
They charge you for Wi-Fi in your rooms which seemed a bit “cheap”. It is free in the common areas though. They were also renovating the parking garage at the same time so self-parking was not an option. They did provide free valet but waiting 15 minutes for your car was not ideal. I must truly question the wisdom of the Hotel to have both pool and parking garage renovations going on concurrently.
Now, most of my group checked in on Friday except a few that would come down on Saturday. I was given a group listing of room numbers for my entire group. One group that checked in on Saturday was moved three floors up from us although the listing I received showed them with us. When questioning management I was informed the party in that room the night prior had not checked out and stayed another night. That was acceptable until I happened to run into that party in hallway and they informed they just arrived that day and had not stayed the prior night. I certainly do not appreciate the blatant lie from management.
Overall the rooms are nice but no fridge. The location is within walking distance of many restaurants. Due to no free Wi-Fi, the poor and dishonest scheduling practices and being lied to by management, I would not recommend. Go to the Hyatt across the street. Save yourself the hassle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeremy P
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great location near good food and entertainment options. They are renovating parts of the property and the only minor problem is the valet only. They can get backed up the mornings.
The service here is first rate. Their night shuttle driver stayed over for my delayed flight into Lexington and night desk clerk had everything ready for me. The executive lounge is well stocked for breakfast and their light dinner. I've never eaten at the restaurant, but friends that have like it.

Room Tip: Get an executive level room 16th or 17th floor so you have easy access to the lounge and business ce...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to send in your fantastic review for our hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay on our Executive Level. It’s always nice to hear guests say our service is first rate. We’ll look forward to your next visit.
Charleston, WV, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Thank you for once again proving why the Hilton brand stands atop the industry! I was in town attending the 2013 Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Conference on Spirit Filled Living at the Lexington Center and I am so happy I picked the Lexington Hilton! We enjoyed being in the center of town. My 9 year old son accompanied me on this trip and he enjoyed the fountains in Triangle Park across the street from the hotel. We enjoyed two wonderful meals in the Blue Moon as well as a great pizza from Goodfella's Pizza down the street. Thank you a wonderful experience in Lexington!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. It’s always nice to hear guests say they enjoyed every aspect of their stay. We really enjoyed having the Aldersgate group in house. We will look forward to your return.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've stayed at the downtown Lexington Hilton twice in the last two months. I went back the second time because the first stay was so pleasant and flawless.
Assets of the hotel include a perfect downtown location, accessible to Rupp Arena, Government offices, Triangle Park, and all the great locally owned restaurants in the neighborhood.
Don't want to take a hike for an evening cocktail? Try the Hilton's Bigg Blue Martini Bar on the lobby level. It's a place to see and be seen and they offer perfect mixed drinks and a fine wine list.
Check in was quick and accurate. Plenty of attentive staff at the front desk to speed up your check in or check out.
Rooms are large with all the needed amenities. It was 96 degrees while I was there and my room air conditioner had no problem maintaining my preferred 65 degrees sleeping temperature. Loved the large screen HD TV in the room. Quality brand toiletries make showering a delight. I needed a razor, shaving cream, toothbrush and tooth paste once in the room and a simple call to the front desk got it to me in seven minutes.
The beds are very comfortable and a weary traveler will appreciate the "complete blackout" feature of the drapes.
For visitors to Lexington I can highly recommend this Hilton. Perfect for the business traveler or pleasure and tourist. I rate it a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room, up high, at the end overlooking Triangle Park. Very pretty view. I think I had room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on every aspect of your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along all of your compliments to our staff. We love to hear we get a 5 out of 5! Hope business brings you back our way soon.
Louisville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

right across from Rupp- Great Locacation-Great Bar- walking access to shops.People friendly. Would reccomend to Adults. A place I would come back to.Recommend DeShas Restaurant. Driving to Malones- Great Steaks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for recommending us to other travelers. We appreciate your feedback. I’ll pass along your compliments to the staff of the Bigg Blue Martini.
Waterloo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel for an out of town wedding. Our stay was brief, but we felt very comfortable once we got to our room. Everything was very clean and the staff was very accomodating. We especially loved the pillows - would love to know where we can get pillows like those used in our room. Thanks again Hilton for a great albeit brief visit

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our Pacific Coast feather pillows. Also nice to hear you had a very accommodating stay while in town for a wedding. Hope your travels bring you back our way soon.