“The staff make this place a great place to stay”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were down during the July 4th long weekend and although it rained the whole time, we had a wonderful stay. The staff was courteous and attentive. The restaurant staff at the Triangle Grille were exceptional; they were friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed all our meals. The breakfast brunch had a large offering and was delicious! The indoor pool and whirlpool were fun especially since it was dreary outside. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The sleep number beds were a great plus. Garage was under construction but they had arranged for valet parking which made it time-consuming to retrieve the car when we wanted to leave.
Great stay, great staff. Would be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Great Review! Thanks for the positive feedback. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to our staff. So nice to hear we made a rainy 4th of July holiday better with attentive service!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A pleasant hotel and good value for money..

Its well located near some bars and resturants so ideal for my business trip. Staff were friendly and helpful to me and the free airport bus was a bonus.

My room didnt have the best view but it was only for sleeping in.. The room was large and clean, bed was comfortable, pretty much all i could ask for the price. Didnt visit the pool area so cannot comment on this.

Lexington is a small place compared to most i visit so i imagine competition for hotels isnt that high but this Hilton was as good as others i have stayed in.

Room Tip: As for a room over looking the road and not the back as its just a view of the carpark
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We love hearing guests say they had a pleasant stay with us. Thanks for the positive feedback on our hotel and staff. We hope your business travels bring you back our way real soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Do to construction and valet service ONLY with the parking garage, it took more than 35 minutes to get my car upon checkout, This delay caused me to miss my flight and get home about five hours later than planned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I’m extremely sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to our delayed valet service. I encourage you to contact me so we can make this right.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent hotel stay. I was very close to giving the hotel four stars, but a few minor items kept it at three. First the good things. Nice central downtown location. Plenty of restaurants and attractions within walking distance. All of the hotel staff were friendly and hard working. The parking garage was undergoing construction so only valet parking (complimentary) was provided. The valet were very efficient at their jobs. Generally my vehicle was available within a few minutes after presenting my ticket for pick-up. During peak check-out time on Sunday it took about 10 minutes which I did not consider unreasonable. Check-in was quick and the front desk individuals were personable and knowledgeable. We asked for a bellman to take our luggage to our room and he arrived quickly. Like all the staff he was friendly and hard working. The hotel, and our specifically our room, were very clean which is a credit to the cleaning staff.
A few things kept the hotel from receiving a four star rating. As a result of the garage construction, our vehicle (which I had just washed the day prior) got covered with construction dust while parked during the first night. For the remaining two days, I requested parking on the roof away from the construction. Next item concerns the fitness room. There were plenty of treadmills but only one elliptical machine. As an elliptical user, a second machine would have been nice. Third item, our room sink was clogged when we arrived. It was disappointing that this was not discovered and reported by the cleaning crew prior to our arrival. Our bellman made a quick call to the maintenance crew and our sink was very quickly fixed. Kudos to the maintenance staff. Finally, I believe the cleaning staff mistook the tops of my contact lens case for water bottle caps and threw them away. I could not locate them after our room was cleaned so I assume they were disposed of.
Overall, my stay was very pleasant. On my next trip to Lexington I would definitely stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent visit. I will pass along your compliments to our staff for being friendly and hard working. Our fitness room is currently under renovation. The expansion will allow us to have more equipment options for our guests. We will look forward to your next visit with family.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a nice business experience from the standpoint of lodging -- clean, spacious, and modern rooms -- and the hotel is located in central Lexington with great walking access to restaurants. The fitness room is nothing special -- on the small and warm side -- but treadmills were adequate and functional. Business breakfast and lunch buffets were nothing special; actually on the lower end of a quality scale.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park, as opposed to the parking garage!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for giving us a review. We are currently expanding our fitness room. The renovation will be completed by mid August. We will have more equipment options to offer our guests and an improved ventilation system. I hope your travels bring you back our way real soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were sent here as "distressed travelers" after our flight at nearby Bluegrass Airport was cancelled. Although we were bummed to have our vacation delayed, everyone at the hotel was very accomodating and very friendly, which helped lift our spirits - with a special shout out to our shuttle driver Ethan!

Beautiful property with nice rooms (ask for one with a view of the Triangle Park Fountain) with a great location in downtown Lexington. Right across from Rupp Arena and walking distance from the Lexington Opera House and lots of cafes, restaurants and nightspots.

• Stayed: June 2013
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks for the sending in your review. We love hearing we helped turn around a stay for distressed travelers. I will let my staff know they were very accommodating and helped with lifting your spirits.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference here recently and was disappointed with the facility. The staff was very attentive. Parking was horrible, despite having reserved spaces. Valet parking took 30 minutes to retrieve vehicles and some attendees missed their flights as a result.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for sending us your feedback. I would encourage any attendee that missed their flights to contact us. We will compensate anyone that was inconvenienced.