“Just a good hotel”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

It is located in very center of downtown. Rooms are it's main adventage - big cosy beds,celan, nice bathrooms. Poor restaurant. Breakfast so so. Personally I prefer Hyat which is across the street. I would recomend it if you will not get the room in hotel across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your room with the cozy bed and clean bathroom. I hope you come back and visit our restaurant to taste our new menu items. Thanks again for taking time to give us a review.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Lexington Downtown

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I attended a college graduation party within walking distance of the property. We did not make plans to stay but after realizing we had enjoyed ourselves a little too much we decided to stay the night in Lexington. The property was very clean and the room was as well. We slept great and overall enjoyed our impromptu stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mwayc
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

So happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. Thanks for sending in your feedback. We look forward to your next impromptu stay.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a regular traveller and Hilton hotel is not always my first choice . This time I was pleased with this hotel . Beds were good . Reception service was better than most hotels . I got a free voucher for Internet which worked very well . I must say I do no like any hotel than charges for internet for guests .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and share it with staff to help us better serve our guests. Thanks for letting us know you were pleased with the hotel.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

internet charge, broken bed Gettong charged $10.00/day for internet is ridiculous, and the connection isn't even secure. One of the "magic" inflatable beds was broken -- it wouldn't inflate, so when my son joined me the second night of my stay he slept in a marshmallow. The pre-packaged coffee was stale. The front desk manager on my second night was more interested in talking to girls on the phone than paying attention to guests. Overall a disappointing visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank CalGradDad
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We appreciate you giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m extremely sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to your sleep number bed not working properly. I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spacious room with extra floor space from normal hotel rooms. Nicely decorated with sleep number beds & nice linens, flat screen TV with satellite. Clean and well maintained. Lobby is gorgeous. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet and the crispy french toast was fantastic. I only at breakfast at the hotel.
Much of downtown is linked together with skybridges so you don't even have to go outside - but do! Lexington is really nice. Across the street is a nice park and the entire city is quite walkable with broad sidewalks.
Only minus is that it is only about a block or so away from the hospital so ambulances pass right in front of the hotel at all times of the day. Otherwise, the traffic noise was minimal.
The pool is too small to swim laps which is common for downtown hotels but the fitness center was nice and looked like everything was working. Only 1 bike which was in use so I used the elliptical.

Room Tip: Nice view from rooms on the upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. We are convenient to everything since we are located in the heart of downtown Lexington. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the moment I arrived at 4AM until my checkout 4 days later the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was smartly decorated and comfortable, though I would urge management to dump the 'Sleepnumber' mattresses and replace with traditional Hilton mattresses. I was there during the Kentucky Derby and there were roses placed all over the hotel, even in my room! What a great touch! The location couldn't be better. It was my first time in Lexington and I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go from the hotel. I ate dinner at the great bar one night. The menu was inventive, not your normal hotel bar food! The meal was great! This hotel is lucky to have such a great Chef!! Live music in the bar was also a great way to spend my evening. I hope to get back to Lexington and will always stay at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren L

Thanks for the great review! It’s always nice to hear guest say they will always stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to our Chef and kitchen staff for the great food. We hope we see you again next Derby.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The bed was horrible. It was supposed to be a sleep number bed, but the control for setting your number didn't work. It felt like sleeping on concrete. On top of that, I seemed to have air conditioning issues. The room never did cool off. I liked the location of the hotel, as it allowed one to walk to dinner. Valet parking was a little challenging as well. The service was courteous, but it did get rather backed up in the morning and evening rush hour. Not sure that I'd stay here again unless I was assured a working bed. Breakfast was nice, and was included in my rate. I appreciated that they had soy milk available.

Room Tip: Ask for a working bed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you had issues with your sleep number bed. Please know we also have pillow top mattresses here at the hotel. I hope you come back and visit in the future.