“I liked it !”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Spain
“I liked it !”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a regular traveller and Hilton hotel is not always my first choice . This time I was pleased with this hotel . Beds were good . Reception service was better than most hotels . I got a free voucher for Internet which worked very well . I must say I do no like any hotel than charges for internet for guests .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and share it with staff to help us better serve our guests. Thanks for letting us know you were pleased with the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 13, 2013

internet charge, broken bed Gettong charged $10.00/day for internet is ridiculous, and the connection isn't even secure. One of the "magic" inflatable beds was broken -- it wouldn't inflate, so when my son joined me the second night of my stay he slept in a marshmallow. The pre-packaged coffee was stale. The front desk manager on my second night was more interested in talking to girls on the phone than paying attention to guests. Overall a disappointing visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank CalGradDad
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We appreciate you giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m extremely sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to your sleep number bed not working properly. I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spacious room with extra floor space from normal hotel rooms. Nicely decorated with sleep number beds & nice linens, flat screen TV with satellite. Clean and well maintained. Lobby is gorgeous. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet and the crispy french toast was fantastic. I only at breakfast at the hotel.
Much of downtown is linked together with skybridges so you don't even have to go outside - but do! Lexington is really nice. Across the street is a nice park and the entire city is quite walkable with broad sidewalks.
Only minus is that it is only about a block or so away from the hospital so ambulances pass right in front of the hotel at all times of the day. Otherwise, the traffic noise was minimal.
The pool is too small to swim laps which is common for downtown hotels but the fitness center was nice and looked like everything was working. Only 1 bike which was in use so I used the elliptical.

Room Tip: Nice view from rooms on the upper floors
1 Thank Eric R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. We are convenient to everything since we are located in the heart of downtown Lexington. Please come back and visit us soon.
Denver
Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the moment I arrived at 4AM until my checkout 4 days later the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was smartly decorated and comfortable, though I would urge management to dump the 'Sleepnumber' mattresses and replace with traditional Hilton mattresses. I was there during the Kentucky Derby and there were roses placed all over the hotel, even in my room! What a great touch! The location couldn't be better. It was my first time in Lexington and I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go from the hotel. I ate dinner at the great bar one night. The menu was inventive, not your normal hotel bar food! The meal was great! This hotel is lucky to have such a great Chef!! Live music in the bar was also a great way to spend my evening. I hope to get back to Lexington and will always stay at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren L
Thanks for the great review! It’s always nice to hear guest say they will always stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to our Chef and kitchen staff for the great food. We hope we see you again next Derby.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The bed was horrible. It was supposed to be a sleep number bed, but the control for setting your number didn't work. It felt like sleeping on concrete. On top of that, I seemed to have air conditioning issues. The room never did cool off. I liked the location of the hotel, as it allowed one to walk to dinner. Valet parking was a little challenging as well. The service was courteous, but it did get rather backed up in the morning and evening rush hour. Not sure that I'd stay here again unless I was assured a working bed. Breakfast was nice, and was included in my rate. I appreciated that they had soy milk available.

Room Tip: Ask for a working bed!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you had issues with your sleep number bed. Please know we also have pillow top mattresses here at the hotel. I hope you come back and visit in the future.
Long Branch, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. It has two Restaurants, a Gift Shop, A Jewelry Store, Concierge Service, A Business Center, it's centrally located, Valet Parking, BUT THE ROOM DISAPPOINTED ME BIG TIME!!!! The room is not worth the $235 a night that I spent to stay in it. It wasn't one thing in particular, because each thing was very small, it was when you added all the things together and looked at what you were paying based on all the problems.

The Sleep Number Bed, that many people love, and I certainly understand that, was for me a problem. I tried all three nights to adjust it to work for me, but it never did. I had lower back pain every day I was in Lexington.

The bathroom, the door opened right into the toilet so you could never properly sit down on the toilet without closing the door to the bathroom fully. If you are in a single with no one there, you never need to close the door to the bathroom. Very uncomfortable and awkward.

The television reception was constantly in and out due to bad cable signals. A pain when you are trying to watch HBO and its in and out, consistently.

The doors to the closet didn't close properly.

And although I knew there was Valet parking, I didn't realize every time you get your car delivered you are expected to tip the drivers. That adds up if you get your car twice a day.

In the end I would not particularly recommend this hotel. Try The Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed May 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review regarding your recent stay. I’m sorry to hear you had issues with your sleep number bed and cable service. I ask that you please contact me because I would like to make this right for you.
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are in the middle of a 4 night stay at the Hilton Downtown Lexington, KY and I can't speak highly enough of it! This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities. We upgraded our room to have an in-room whirlpool through the Hilton Honors program and were upgraded to the "executive" floor which has restricted access to the general hotel population. It is FABULOUS!!!!
My only complaint is the extra charges for WiFi internet access ($9.95 per day/per device). Between my husband and I, we have 7 devices. That would be a $280-$350 bill if we did it on each device each day. Even a $50 economy hotel offers FREE WiFi with no limit on devices. Get with the program, Hilton! You are THE BEST hotel BAR NONE, but this is nothing but price gauging!

1 Thank gapeach5287
Thanks for the fabulous review! We really appreciate your feedback and use the information to better serve our guests. We hope your business travels brings you back to Lexington and our hotel soon.