“Comfort and Basketball”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My best friend and I were in Kentucky for the NCAA basketball tournament and the Hilton is located in walking distance from Rupp Arena. The skywalk from the hotel to the arena kept us from walking outside. The Sleep Number beds and the pillows were so comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially those in food and beverage. The free valet parking was a welcome amenity and the restaurant/room service menu was excellent. We stayed in a double room and the only thing I found lacking was the size of the bathroom. The other things that prevent me from giving the hotel an excellent rating is (1) the Wifi had to be purchased (2) being unable to get the humidity out of the room and (3) the ice machine on our floor remained out-of-service for 5 days.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bballandbeaches
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thanks for sending in a review to let us know you had a great stay during the NCAA basketball tournament. I will pass along your compliments to our kitchen staff for the excellent food. I hope you come back and stay with us next tournament time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I were in Lexington for the basketball games and had a great time. We love the fact that we did not have to go outdoors from our hotel, (The Hilton), to get to Rupp Arena. What a great idea and a great set up . Thanks for developing the complex.
The only downfall was Wifi was available for purchase only. Other than that the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise E

Thank you for letting us know your stay was perfect. March madness was a very exciting time here at the hotel. The pedways that connect us to Rupp Arena are very convenient. Hope we see you next Basketball season!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Hilton is perfectly situated in downtown Lexington, close to dining, pubs and entertainment. It is connected by a sky bridge to the Hyatt, Convention Center and Rupp Arena. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. As Hilton Honors members, we had free wifi and snacks on the concierge level. The staff was helpful and friendly. When we asked hotel staff to check our air conditioning unit, they took care of it right away. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel restaurant - buffet included an omelet station. We also enjoyed appetizers, drinks and desserts at Bigg Blue Martini. For location, convenience and a pleasant stay, whether business or pleasure, it can't be beat.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MzKim
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for sending us your feedback and for being a Hilton Honors member. I hope your travels bring you back our way again. Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight trip and had a ball. This property is convenienly located in the downtown area. The staff was very hepful and the rooms were comfortable and nice. I appreciate the free valet parking afforded guest and this was a real nice touch. The only drawback here is you have to pay for internet and I guess it just seems to be a bit picky. Otherwise, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the downtown square and Rupp Arena.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Airstrip1

Thanks for the review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love being located in the heart of downtown Lexington within walking distance to everything. I will pass along your compliments and we hope you come back again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have attended several business functions at this hotel and I enjoyed the food so much, I returned with my family for the fried chicken and the mashed potatoes. Really, it's better than my mama's and she was a good cook. If you need some comfort food, this is the place. I don't even know else they have, there is no other choice for me. We like to go to the Triangle grille and watch the ice skaters in the park across the street. They also have great music in the bigg blue martini bar on the weekends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anna w

I will pass along your compliments of great food to our Chef and kitchen staff. Nothing beats Avis’s Fried Chicken! She is our culinary Superstar here at the hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive feedback.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Other than location, hotel has little to offer. Internet never worked, water was a trickle from the faucet, and room service was terrible. Room was suppoded to have both wireless and wired internet, but the wired modum was not there. No one offered to come up and fix it. It was 10:30 at night, I needed to get a document out and the help desk did not get the wireless working. Then I got charged for it and had to have it taken off the bill.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Love2Labs
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am very sorry that your faucet and internet confection was not working properly. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for a business trip in mid-February and the experience was fantastic. The valet parking service, bell hop and check-in staff were on top of their game. I would recommend the Hilton for business or other trips because of the great location, great service, cleanliness and very good night sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors at the executive level are fantastic
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Matt M

Thanks for the recommendation for business travelers. Always nice to hear our guests have a restful and productive visit. Thanks again for giving us your feedback.