“Great Food!”

Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Food!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have attended several business functions at this hotel and I enjoyed the food so much, I returned with my family for the fried chicken and the mashed potatoes. Really, it's better than my mama's and she was a good cook. If you need some comfort food, this is the place. I don't even know else they have, there is no other choice for me. We like to go to the Triangle grille and watch the ice skaters in the park across the street. They also have great music in the bigg blue martini bar on the weekends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank anna w
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I will pass along your compliments of great food to our Chef and kitchen staff. Nothing beats Avis’s Fried Chicken! She is our culinary Superstar here at the hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Other than location, hotel has little to offer. Internet never worked, water was a trickle from the faucet, and room service was terrible. Room was suppoded to have both wireless and wired internet, but the wired modum was not there. No one offered to come up and fix it. It was 10:30 at night, I needed to get a document out and the help desk did not get the wireless working. Then I got charged for it and had to have it taken off the bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Love2Labs
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am very sorry that your faucet and internet confection was not working properly. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for a business trip in mid-February and the experience was fantastic. The valet parking service, bell hop and check-in staff were on top of their game. I would recommend the Hilton for business or other trips because of the great location, great service, cleanliness and very good night sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors at the executive level are fantastic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Matt M
Thanks for the recommendation for business travelers. Always nice to hear our guests have a restful and productive visit. Thanks again for giving us your feedback.
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton March 1-3. We went to Lexington for the George Strait concert at Rupp Arena and highly recommend the Hilton to anyone traveling there for an event at Rupp. Short walk to Rupp, and you never have to step foot outside, which was a plus as it was cold and snowing all weekend. The hotel was awesome....very comfortable room, spotless, and quiet. The restaurant (Triangle Grill) was incredible. All staff were very nice. We will definitely stay there again next time we go to Lexington.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lindaarch
We always like to hear back from our guests that had an awesome stay. Sounds like you had a hassle-free stay while in town for a concert. Thank you for letting us know and we hope to see you again soon.
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Several other reviews have been critical of this hotel. My experience, which includes two stays at this hotel is not consistent with the negative reviews. The hotel has a convenient location to downtown Lexington and is clean and well maintained. The rates without discounts are arguably high, but discounts are available. The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport, which leaves every 30 minutes through most of the day. Rooms are relatively large and well maintained. The beds are high off the floor, a plus.
The meeting rooms are more than adequate and I found the hotel staff friendly and helpful. The bar was crowded and has indifferent service. Food in the dining room was certainly OK, but probably not as good as could be found with a short walk. Service in the dining room was very friendly--breakfast was probably the best meal option there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Stanner57
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for sending in a survey regarding your experience at our property. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a productive visit. I will pass along your feedback to our staff. I hope your business travels brings you back our way soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in a very nice city. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Wait staff Lydia went out of her way to be of service. The Sleep Number bed was so comfy, the room was clean and quiet. There are many places to eat within walking distance, and it is safe to walk around. There is a pool, which we didn't use, and a workout center that I did use.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JeaneVMC
Thanks for sending us your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I will pass along your positive words to Lydia in our restaurant. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit to Lexington, KY. Please come back and see us again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay, especially for business travelers. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and downtown Lexington isn't a spot that is extremely busy like most major cities, except on college basketball home game nights. The property is clean and the staff members are friendly. It's what you would expect from the Hilton brand. My on complaint is that in recent weeks they got rid of self parking and only offer valet. That's a bummer but oh well!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank waltertainment
Great Review! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while in town on business. Thanks for the feedback on the garage. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. Please come back visit us again.