“Very Nice Hotel in Lexington”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently attended a fundraiser at this hotel location, and also decided to spend the night there. The service and facility were both very exceptional. The location is also very convenient if you want to experience downtown Lexington. Most of the nightlife and great places to eat are within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jim C
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation for our hotel. We love hearing back from guests about our exceptional service and facility. We love our location too since we are in the heart of downtown Lexington. Come back and see us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'll begin by complimenting the staff, who were very friendly. The room was clean, great location, yada, yada, yada. However I made a reservation for a smoking room and at check-in was told they only had five smoking rooms, all taken. Dozens of other people at our convention were equally upset about this bait & switch. The room had sleep number beds, however mine wasn't working and the bed was stuck on hard. The biggest disappointment was the swimming room, which was no bigger than my living room. AND the hot tub could probably accommodate 8 people uncomfortably, but it was closed because it was not handicap accessible. So don't expect a soak after a stressful day. The workout room was also small. No complimentary breakfast or even coffee in the lobby, no free wi-fi in the room. It added up to a disappointing experience. To add insult to injury, I was about $100 from my credit card limit, and the hotel added about $100 to their "pending" charge for incidentals. So basically two days after my return home and they have my card at $0. Make my room payment already so I can have my money!!! Bottom line is I think you'd be happier in a 3-star for half the price.

Room Tip: Don't bother "reserving" a smoking room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that we were not able to accommodate you in a smoking room and that our pool was smaller than expected. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice hotel; great location. The location was perfect - very close to everything we needed. The hotel was very nice and clean. The only drawbacks were that breakfast and internet were not included . I think for the price of the room, some kind of breakfast should have been included and the wi-fi should have been free for guests. But overall, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amber692
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your response our hotel staff really appreciates your feedback. I’m happy to hear your accommodations were nice and clean and you loved the hotel’s location. Thanks again for the review we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice stay at this hotel for 4 nights, breakfast good, Martini bar good fun and the rooms perfectly fine. Hilton Honours lounge a little bit gimmicky, but the staff were great. Reception check in very helpful and any requests were well dealt with accurately and quickly. Nice surprise and made a short stay very enjoyable

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B

Thank you so much for this great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know you had an overall enjoyable stay. I will pass along your kind words to our staff. We hope to see you again while in town on business.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed 1.26.13 for the UK vs LSU... Loved everything about my stay. Words cannot express how satisfied I was with the service that I recieved. To start off the valet parking was the best way to begin my wonderful stay. Check in was excellent. ( Staff was so nice and helpful). The Hilton is a beautiful hotel and our room was also beautiful and so clean that it appeared to have never been used EVER!! We had dinner @ the Triangle Grille, food was great.Wonderful night of sleep. Upon depature, I call down to tell them I was on my way down to check out, and when I arrive at the front desk, It was a fast check out and with the valet service, my car was waiting with the valet employee's, and began loading my belongings. With opening the doors and thanking me and asking if I needed any direction to anywhere else. From start to finish..The HILTON is AWSOME!!! Don't find anything that, I didn't like. Hope to see you guys soon!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A_King12613

Thank you for the Awesome review! We love hearing that our guests have a satisfactory stay and an overall hassle-free experience. I will pass along your praise to our hotel staff. We will look forward to your next visit and GO CATS!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was suspect of staying at a Hilton downtown, thinking it would be very business. It was lovely. Everyone was extremely friendly. Quiet. Great service. Room service brought our breakfast right on time. Not sure what coffee they use, but it was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Newtmena

What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. It makes us smile to hear our guests say they had a lovely stay. Our great tasting coffee is Royal Cup which helps everyone’s day get started out right! Hope your travels bring you back our way real soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Lexington Hilton on a trip to see a UK basketball game.

There were no problems at all. The room was larger than most hotel rooms. We had requested "no feather pillows" at the time of reservation. The pillows were swapped from feather to foam within an hour of arrival.

The bed was a Sleep-Number bed. I had never slept on a Sleep-Number before. I think I prefer the Hampton Inn mattress to the Sleep-Number mattress.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gopcs

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. Please ask for our pillow top mattresses next time you visit. I’m sure you will love it! We will look forward to your next game day visit. GO CATS!!