“UK WILDCATS GAME vs LSU !!!!!!!”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Cromona, Kentucky, United States
“UK WILDCATS GAME vs LSU !!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed 1.26.13 for the UK vs LSU... Loved everything about my stay. Words cannot express how satisfied I was with the service that I recieved. To start off the valet parking was the best way to begin my wonderful stay. Check in was excellent. ( Staff was so nice and helpful). The Hilton is a beautiful hotel and our room was also beautiful and so clean that it appeared to have never been used EVER!! We had dinner @ the Triangle Grille, food was great.Wonderful night of sleep. Upon depature, I call down to tell them I was on my way down to check out, and when I arrive at the front desk, It was a fast check out and with the valet service, my car was waiting with the valet employee's, and began loading my belongings. With opening the doors and thanking me and asking if I needed any direction to anywhere else. From start to finish..The HILTON is AWSOME!!! Don't find anything that, I didn't like. Hope to see you guys soon!!!!

2 Thank A_King12613
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the Awesome review! We love hearing that our guests have a satisfactory stay and an overall hassle-free experience. I will pass along your praise to our hotel staff. We will look forward to your next visit and GO CATS!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was suspect of staying at a Hilton downtown, thinking it would be very business. It was lovely. Everyone was extremely friendly. Quiet. Great service. Room service brought our breakfast right on time. Not sure what coffee they use, but it was excellent!

2 Thank Newtmena
What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. It makes us smile to hear our guests say they had a lovely stay. Our great tasting coffee is Royal Cup which helps everyone’s day get started out right! Hope your travels bring you back our way real soon.
Tennessee
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Lexington Hilton on a trip to see a UK basketball game.

There were no problems at all. The room was larger than most hotel rooms. We had requested "no feather pillows" at the time of reservation. The pillows were swapped from feather to foam within an hour of arrival.

The bed was a Sleep-Number bed. I had never slept on a Sleep-Number before. I think I prefer the Hampton Inn mattress to the Sleep-Number mattress.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank gopcs
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. Please ask for our pillow top mattresses next time you visit. I’m sure you will love it! We will look forward to your next game day visit. GO CATS!!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travel for work and this is my new favorite hotel. The staff is amazing. I called to get picked up from the airport and the van driver (Arthur) was excellent. Arthur came into the airport to find me because I was not in the right place. On the way to the Hilton he told me where to eat and other things to do in Lexington. After a long day of traveling this set the tone for a great stay. The front desk was also very helpful. The rooms are a nice size and very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ash243
Thanks for the Amazing review! We love hearing we’re someone’s favorite hotel. I will definitely give Arthur & our Front Desk staff praise for such great service. I hope your business travels brings you our way again.
Warsaw, Kentucky
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in the junior suite and it was great. Being a Hilton honors Diamond member, I travel frequently and really enjoyed my stay. I've been here dozens of times and this stay was much better than my last stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank OnTheRoadAgainKY
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations in our junior suite. It’s also nice to hear we made right a previous stay. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Baltimore MD
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travel to Frankfort for business but trek out to Lexington just to stay at this Hilton. It's a wonderful business hotel. Great front desk, very fast check in and check out and always helpful. I had issues with the internet service and they immediately gave me a different access code to try and offered to follow up with me later on it. Hotel has nice decor, and connects directly into the parking garage on the 2nd level which is very convenient in the winter. Rooms are very comfortable, though several of the sleep number beds I've had didn't seem to be working correctly. I ordered room service frequently, which came very fast (20 minutes average). Try the salmon or duck quesadilla - both were great.

As an Hilton Honors member, I had access to their lounge which was nice but unfortunately, not great. I liked the 5 - 7 PM appetizers they set out, but it was bad timing for guests like me who often didn't get off work until 6 PM and couldn't make it during that time. Breakfast was pretty good, and had oatmeal, eggs, fruit and bread every morning. It could definitely be better though, it needed sausage or bacon or some sort of protein. Breakfast also only included bottled Minute Maid juices, and I would have preferred fresh juice. Overall, the hotel and the room was wonderful, but the executive lounge didn't compare to lounges in other hotels. If you're an Honors member, don't expect too much here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Casey A
Thank you so much for the taking the time to send in your review regarding your stay while in town on business. I’m happy to hear our staff was helpful and you had a hassle-free stay. Thanks for your feedback on our Executive Lounge. We appreciate all suggestions. Hope your business travels brings you back to see us again.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed three nights in January 2013. I like this hotel and it's location. Free valet parking. Triangle Grille has good breakfast and terrific staff. The pool area is nice. Gym really is terrible. Only one of the three treadmills worked. The temperature was nearly unbearable with the sun shining through the atrium windows. The air is obviously broken in the small room. Someone had already moved the thermostat on the wall all the way down and it had to be 85 in there. They have a whole assortment of dumbbells but no bench. No way to do presses, etc. Housekeeping did not clean the shower and there was a disgusting hair on the floor by the shower when I checked in and when I checked out. Based on some other reviews, Hilton may need to do some training for the housekeeping staff and some repair work and upgrades to the fitness center. In the meantime, I think you can visit Urban Active next door for $10.

1 Thank STEPHMARTY
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to our terrific staff in the Triangle Grille and kudos to the Chef. You’ll be happy to know we are currently planning on enlarging our fitness center and adding more equipment. I also apologize for any inconvenience you experienced to room cleanliness issues. We have programs in place to better improve our product for our guests. We hope you come back and visit us soon. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.