“Great location good price”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hotel is in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to a lot places. Valet parking was $10 a night which I considered a value considering other cities charge a lot more. Attendants quickly pulled car around when needed. Hotel was nice and up to date. Our room had sleep number beds which were average at best. The room was clean but was hot and musty upon arrival. I believe the air conditioner must have need maintence because we could not seem to get our room to a comfortable temperature. We didn't complain to the desk about because we were only staying one night.
Overall it was an ok hotel in the perfect spot.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Blankenboat
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thanks for sending us your feedback on your stay. Happy to hear you loved our location and had a hassle free experience with parking. On your next stay I would recommend our pillow top mattresses. Some people can never find their sleep number. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Lexington Downtown as my son had a college visit at UK and I wanted to show him where I was from (I am from Lexington). We picked the Hilton as I am a HHonors Gold Member and wanted to be close to the UK Campus. We were able to check in early and Mustafa was able to give us our upgrade to room 1731 on the Executive floor (a 2 queen room). The lobby was nice and the elevators were super quiet and smooth. The executive lounge was nice albeit a little small and had great hors d'oeuvres in the evening and a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Our room was appealing and clean and fresh. The beds were Sleep Number Beds, which I found to be strange but fine to live with for 1 night (the hotel must have been a Radisson at some point of time). We had problems connecting to the internet but it was quickly fixed and great girl in the hotels PR department came up to our room just to make sure everything was ok and fixed properly. The hotels location was great in downtown Lexington. About 1/2 to the tip of campus and connected by covered skyways to the Hyatt Hotel which was directly connected to the Rupp Arena. We paid $161 for our room and found the value reasonable considering the hotels location and how nice it was. When we are in Lexington again, we will stay here and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Executive Floor rooms come with a lot of great added benefits.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We truly are in the heart of downtown Lexington. I’m glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for taking time to write us a great review. I’ll pass along your feedback to all of our departments.

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Accommodations were what you would expect from a Hilton. Spent several hours at Bigg Blue Martini downstairs. Great food, but the martini selection is a bit lacking.

• Stayed: August 2012

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I’ll pass along your compliments of the food to our Chef and kitchen staff. The Bigg Blue Martini patio is a great place to sit and unwind. We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently had a wedding reception here the Coordinator Summer Cooper was truly a blessing all during the planning stages the atmosphere and the professionalism with each employee there was remarkable from the front desk to the servers!

• Stayed: July 2012
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thanks for letting us know you had a great wedding reception here at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. I will pass along your praise to my staff and Summer Cooper. We enjoy hearing we made your special occasion memorable.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Decent hotel with attentive staff and spacious rooms, located in the business district. Not much fun around if you want to go out and walk but conveniently located if your business trip brings you to a nearby company.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OBofNY

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay while traveling on business. I hope your travels bring you back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We picked this hotel among several in Lexington to block off rooms for our guests for our wedding and to stay on our first night. We could not have been more happy with the results. The staff was a huge help and made everything extremely easy (specifically Summer and Chaz). But every member of the staff made the whole family's stay comfortable.

Rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel is great to get a good feel of downtown Lexington. My wife and all her bridesmaids even got ready in one room.

I'd say location is one of the best features. It's centrally located to everything downtown. Our guests walked to our ceremony and reception location at Gratz Park and the Carrick House. It's also right across the street from Rupp Arena.

Request a room that overlooks Triangle Park, it's a great view at night.

Lastly, you've gotta have breakfast at the Triangle Grille. Lots of local food and seriously one of the best breakfasts for the value in Lexington.

We will stay here again and again and recommend to family again and again.

Room Tip: The junior suite on the 5th floor is great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan H

Thank you so much for this excellent review of our hotel and staff. I’m so happy to hear we were able to accommodate you and your wedding guests. I will definitely share your nice compliments with our entire staff.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Due to storms and power outages in West Virginia my summer vacation plans had changed. I ended up going to Lexington, KY. Wanting to treat myself to a more up scale hotel experience I decided to spend a few nights at the Hilton Downtown Lexington.
Upon check in I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful. I requested a high room and they put me on the 15th floor. Everything was as I expected it to be. It was over the Fourth of July Holiday so I'm sure things were quieter than usual there and figured that with the convention center right across the street that things get more active when there is a convention in town.
There was nothing disappointing about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

I’m so happy to hear you had a great stay and our hotel was an up-scale experience for you. Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will visit us again.