“you have to pay for internet”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Really? Pay for internet service? That's almost like asking us to pay for bedding. It should come standard with the high priced room. Also, the sleep number beds are hard as rocks even on #45. The front desk girl was very short and unfriendly. The bathroom has mold in the shower. The walls are so very, very, thin I could hear everything going on in the hall, the next rooms and especially upstairs. I wasn't impressed and will look for another place to stay next time in Lex.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dissappointed175
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay while in town on business. All feedback is helpful for our staff. I would encourage you to contact me. I would like to make this right.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed twice at this Hilton in the last couple months for leisure with the family. This is a really nice hotel that is newly updated. Great lobby, awesome breakfast, incredible location (right across the street from Rupp Arena) and excellent service. This will be my only hotel choice from now on when staying in Lexington. The Triangle Grill (in lobby) also is really good for dinner - my wife and I were surprised as to how good the food was. The pool is also very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent hotel stay. I will definitely pass along your praise to our staff and especially to our Chef. It’s always nice to hear we will be your only hotel choice while in Lexington. We hope to see your family again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was in Lexington for a conference and spent 2 nights at the Hilton. The front desk staff was friendly, and check in was quick. I stayed on the 16th floor which included the executive lounge. Both the breakfast and the afternoon appetizers were delicious with a good variety and generous portions. The hotel is in the heart of Lexington, so We were able to walk to Triangle Park, Victorian Station and Rupp Arena. I used valet parking - it was worth the price, and the valets were extremely helpful. There was a slight problem with our key, but they worked on our lock promptly. The only problem with the hotel was the lack of free wireless. Notwithstanding this, we will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay while in town on business. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a productive visit. I will pass along your kind words to our hotel staff. Thanks again for such great feedback!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

American standard, everything just ok, everything works, nothing too special.. the location do is just perfect! just in the middle of town with a wonderful view..

Room Tip: The higher the better! great view of the victorian shops and park just in from of the property
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thanks for writing a review regarding your visit. I’m glad you enjoyed your view of Triangle Park and loved the location of the hotel. We hope you will stay with us while in town on business again.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall good experience. Location is great for walking to bars and restaurants downtown and convention center. My friends had to change rooms late at night due to air condition problems, bur hotel did very quickly. Internet poor. Good breakfast in hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I will pass along your compliments of the breakfast buffet to our Kitchen staff. Our location definitely can’t be beat. I’m sorry for any inconvenience experienced during your stay and hope you come back and visit soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

It was our first stay at the Hilton as we were going to a concert at Rupp Arena and it was the perfect decision! We had absolutely the best location in downtown! We were able to walk straight over to Rupp using the walk ways and were in the hub of any kind of restaurant you would want. The hotel itself was beautiful and very well maintained. You knew exactly what you were paying for when staying here. The rooms were very large, clean as a pin and extra comfy! You were able to have garage parking which led directly into the hotel or do valet which was very reasonable! We will not hesitate to stay here again as we are in town every few months. It was a great decision to stay downtown vs out a few miles to save a few bucks!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thanks for staying with us while in town for a concert at Rupp. It’s always nice to hear guests say they made the “perfect decision” by staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference. I found the hotel to be beautiful and the rooms spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location, close to shopping, dining, bars, etc (all within walking distance). The cleaning, dining, conference, wait, and catering staff were OUTSTANDING! The conference/catering wait staff were fantastic and went above and beyond the call of duty. The beds are sleep number beds and I didn't care for them. I couldn't get remote buttons to work properly and could never really get it set properly. Also, the digital alarm clock was 20 minutes fast and was one of those universally set clocks so you cant change the time. It was very annoying to have the clock 20 minutes fast and no way to fix it. I finally turned it around to face the wall so I couldn't see it and just used my iPhone as a clock. The pool area was nice, but the fitness center was really hot. I had a issue with front desk staff not being as helpful as could be at check out and had to get a manager involved. It was resolved, but not without 20 minutes of frustration. Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton HHonors program to get extra perks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for submitting a review on trip advisor. I’ll be happy to pass along your kind words for our staff. On your next stay please request a pillow top mattress room. I’m also happy to hear you will recommend our hotel to other business travelers.