“Great location, nice hotel”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Murray, Kentucky
“Great location, nice hotel”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference. I found the hotel to be beautiful and the rooms spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location, close to shopping, dining, bars, etc (all within walking distance). The cleaning, dining, conference, wait, and catering staff were OUTSTANDING! The conference/catering wait staff were fantastic and went above and beyond the call of duty. The beds are sleep number beds and I didn't care for them. I couldn't get remote buttons to work properly and could never really get it set properly. Also, the digital alarm clock was 20 minutes fast and was one of those universally set clocks so you cant change the time. It was very annoying to have the clock 20 minutes fast and no way to fix it. I finally turned it around to face the wall so I couldn't see it and just used my iPhone as a clock. The pool area was nice, but the fitness center was really hot. I had a issue with front desk staff not being as helpful as could be at check out and had to get a manager involved. It was resolved, but not without 20 minutes of frustration. Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton HHonors program to get extra perks.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review on trip advisor. I’ll be happy to pass along your kind words for our staff. On your next stay please request a pillow top mattress room. I’m also happy to hear you will recommend our hotel to other business travelers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Petrolia,ON
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We just arrived home from spending 5 nights in the hotel. What a wonderful experience! The rooms were clean, the bed was a sleep number bed which was really great for 2 people who have different views on softness of bed. Didn't like the pillows - too soft but that's an individual taste as well. The room was always cleaned in the morning and very efficiently done. There was a lovely restaurant off the lobby which offered a delicious buffet which was not expensive as well as a menu. The location is perfect if you are going to the Rupp Center with over the street walkways into the Hyatt which leads to the Rupp which is nice if the weather isn't cooperating.The staff was very nice and willing to help with anything. Parking was inside and easy to get to. We'd go back in a minute - Lexington is so close the the races, horse barns and bourbon tours - very convenient. Loved our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank toepickPetrolia_ON
Sounds like you had the perfect visit to Lexington. We love hearing when guest not only enjoy our hotel but also enjoy the local attractions. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our restaurant GM. Comeback and see us again!
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend for an academic conference (March 2012) and it was really a great hotel. The conference rooms were perfect sizes for the smaller presentations and the larger room worked well for the keynote speakers. The hotel staff were very helpful and the morning of my own presentation they helped with some minor technical issues(which turned out to be our own misunderstandings) and were always on hand to make the conference pleasant and enjoyable. I really loved my room, a great king size bed with very comfortable mattress and linens and the dark curtains which actually had enough coverage to close meant the high maintenance sleep-princess inside me was happy! Good sized room with plenty of space for everything since I packed far too much since I was unsure of the weather. Very prompt room service with good food, the hotel restaurant and bar both had excellent service also. Loved the location and wandering around Lexington was fun even on my own and the drive back to the Louisville Airport was full of gorgeous scenery though I admittedly took the longer scenic routes. All in all the hotel made a very good conference into a fantastic trip...Lexington, Kentucky has a new admirer.

Room Tip: I was up on the 7th floor never had any issues with noise and I had a lovely view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thanks for letting us know you loved your stay. Our goal is for every guest to have a restful and productive stay. I hope your business travels bring you back to Lexington and the Hilton Lexington Downtown soon.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We attend the horse races at the Keeneland Racetrack in Lexington, KY, frequently. This was our first time to stay at this establishment. The rooms are adequate however, the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was nice. Parking is in a garage and was a challenge, but we drive a large pickup truck. The location of this hotel seems really nice, being right downtown. Overall it was average but not for the almost $250.00 per nite (this included taxes, etc.) We probably won't stay here again, due to other nice hotels in the area for a lot less price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our sleep number beds and breakfast buffet. I’m sorry to hear you won’t be visiting again while in town for Keeneland.
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst on the bourbon trail. It was a great place to stay with fantastic hospitality from the staff. Pool and spa were a welcome addition for two kids.

Room Tip: View of park.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
I’m so glad you stayed with us while on the Bourbon Trail. I will pass along your compliments to our staff that they are “fantastic”! I’m also happy to hear the kids enjoyed the pool. Come back and visit us soon.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very clean and exceptionally comfortable. Also a great location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review. We love our location directly in the heart of downtown Lexington. I’m happy to hear you had a relaxing and productive stay.
New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed for a conference in July 2011. I had an issue with my sheets not being as clean as they should be. Manager called and apologized immediately. Gave extra Hilton points for the inconvenience along with not charging for a refrigerator for the week. On site restaurant was very good and the bar was nicely appointed. I recommend the breakfast buffet which was reasonably priced and the staff was very helpful.

It's directly across the street from the convention center. The fitness center was adequate and there is an indoor pool on location.

My sleep number bed never really worked properly but it didn't matter. I would definitely stay at this hotel again without reservations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for giving us your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate hearing our staff was able to accommodate you. It’s always nice to hear a guest say they will definitely return to property. We look forward to your next visit to Lexington.