“Good Food & Service!”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Linden, New Jersey
“Good Food & Service!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The location of the hotel is perfect, both for business or for fun! The hotel is clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is great, and if you do not feel like going outside of the hotel, you have a choice of Triangle Grille for breakfast/lunch/dinner or Bigg Blue Martini for dinner service. Of course, there is also room service available from 6am to 11pm, daily.
Fitness center is opened from 5am to 11pm, and it is on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 17, 2012

After an accident (not our fault) on the way, we ended up in Lexington, semi-stranded. Jerry, at the front desk, was SO helpful in helping up get the best rate AND with suggestions for dinner, etc. He really helped save out vacation!

We found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Our room was right by an elevator and the vending area, but we never had any problems with noise. The location is a really great starting point for downtown Lexington, and you cannot beat free parking. If we ever go back to Lexington, I know where we'll stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SiobhanOK
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
I’m so happy to hear we were able to save your vacation. I’ll give Jerry a nice big pat on the back for helping accommodate you and your family. If you’re ever stranded in Lexington again come back and see us!
Flatwoods, Kentucky
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Excellent choice - especially for a conference. Rooms were very nice. Newly remodeled. Staff friendly!

• Stayed February 2011
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We love hearing back from guests who enjoyed their stay while attending conferences here at the hotel. I’ll pass along the kudos to our staff for the positive comments.
Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My son and I visited Lexington over NYE and stayed at this property for 5 nights. I am extremely pleased with my stay and am honestly shocked that there are any negative reviews at all.

First, the location of this hotel is excellent. If you are in downtown Lexington for business or a game, you never have to leave the area to get anything you need. There are many restaurants in the area and many stores to shop at as well.

We mainly chose to stay here because we wanted to attend a UK game at Rupp and not have to worry about fighting the traffic. It was perfect as we didn't even have to go outside in the cold weather because they have an enclosed walkway that connects to the hotel that will take you to Rupp. It was very convenient!

We arrived about 3pm and had no problems during check in. It was quick and easy. There were a ton of boys basketball teams also staying at the hotel for a tournament so I was very impressed with how efficient things were considering they were so busy.

Our room was on the 15th floor overlooking triangle park. The view was awesome! My son spent many hours watching people ice skate from the window. The room was spacious and clean and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. I wasn't a fan of the sleep number bed and wish they would do away with them, but it wasn't a big deal.

There was a huge party going on in the lobby on NYE and I was impressed at how it was handled. Security was everywhere and we had no issues the entire night as guests who didn't attend the party. We did hear some rowdy people in the hall around 2am as they headed to our rooms but considering it was NYE, it was to be expected.

My son enjoyed the indoor pool. It was very clean and a nice size for being an indoor pool. We didn't use the fitness center but it looked clean and had a variety of machines.

If I could change one thing about the hotel, I would suggest they add self laundry. They do offer laundry service for a fee but I don't like to use it so we had to find a laundromat a few miles away to wash clothes.

Parking was free and convenient. The hotel is attached to a parking garage and we never had any issues finding a space, even on NYE. You are required to get a ticket when you enter the garage but when you leave the garage, as long as you have your room key, you won't get charged for parking.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this hotel and based on my experience, I am really surprised it is only a 3 star hotel. I would give it a 3.5 or maybe even a 4. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel while visiting Lexington!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking Triangle Park if you want a room with a view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sdgilliam8
Thank you for letting us know your stay over New Year’s Eve was “absolutely awesome.” I’m thrilled the hotel staff impressed you during your 5 night stay. On your next visit I recommend staying on our Executive Level where we have a laundry facility for our guests. We hope to see you and your family again for the next UK home game.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Hilton Lexington Downtown continues its consistent performance. The staff are attentive and welcoming, the rooms are nicely decorated, and everything is clean. This time, it was wonderfully decorated for the holidays.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
I’m happy to hear you had an excellent stay while in town on business. I will pass along your compliments to our staff on their consistent performance. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon.
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I go to Lexington for our Christmas Party every year and since it is at the Hilton I decided to stay there instead of the Hyatt this year. I reserved a smoking room well in advance and received confirmation. Upon checking in I was immediately informed that I would not get a smoking room that thirty reservations had been taken for the five available. When I asked what accommodation could be made as I made a resevation not a request, I was told about the $250 fee if I smoked. I said fine and took my girlfriend to look at the fountain that is such a beautiful part of the decor but it was not working. When we went to our room we discovered there was no refrigerator and that our sleep number bed would not inflate although it did make a lot of noise like it was trying to. Upon check out no one seemed to be sure what I needed to do to not pay parking. I went to their site upon arriving home and left them a message expaining all of this but never received a response. I will stay across the street next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with constructive feedback. I’m sorry you had a disappointing stay. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right. Our goal is for every guest to have a productive and restful visit.
Ohio
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We were very pleased with the size of our standard room with two queen beds. The rooms were very clean, with excellent lighting. The hotel has free covered parking and an excellent restaurant for all meals with a good menu and great food. In addition the rooms have the sleep number beds if you are a fan of those. I wasn't excited about them. If you are there for a game it has a walkway to Rupp Arena that keeps you from having to go out into the elements to get there. We were there for two full days and was able to walk to different restaurants for each meal all within a block of the hotel. Like most Hiltons they also have a business room that gives you computers with free internet service which it seems like a lot of chains are going to a pay system. Overall very pleased with this Hilton

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Triangle Park if you want a view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
I’m glad to hear you were very pleased with our hotel. Thanks for all the positive comments on our location, rooms, business center, and free parking. Next time you and your family are in town please request a room with a pillow top mattress. We will be looking forward to your next stay.