“Another excellent stay!”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Hilton Lexington Downtown continues its consistent performance. The staff are attentive and welcoming, the rooms are nicely decorated, and everything is clean. This time, it was wonderfully decorated for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

I’m happy to hear you had an excellent stay while in town on business. I will pass along your compliments to our staff on their consistent performance. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Lexington Downtown

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I go to Lexington for our Christmas Party every year and since it is at the Hilton I decided to stay there instead of the Hyatt this year. I reserved a smoking room well in advance and received confirmation. Upon checking in I was immediately informed that I would not get a smoking room that thirty reservations had been taken for the five available. When I asked what accommodation could be made as I made a resevation not a request, I was told about the $250 fee if I smoked. I said fine and took my girlfriend to look at the fountain that is such a beautiful part of the decor but it was not working. When we went to our room we discovered there was no refrigerator and that our sleep number bed would not inflate although it did make a lot of noise like it was trying to. Upon check out no one seemed to be sure what I needed to do to not pay parking. I went to their site upon arriving home and left them a message expaining all of this but never received a response. I will stay across the street next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for providing us with constructive feedback. I’m sorry you had a disappointing stay. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right. Our goal is for every guest to have a productive and restful visit.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We were very pleased with the size of our standard room with two queen beds. The rooms were very clean, with excellent lighting. The hotel has free covered parking and an excellent restaurant for all meals with a good menu and great food. In addition the rooms have the sleep number beds if you are a fan of those. I wasn't excited about them. If you are there for a game it has a walkway to Rupp Arena that keeps you from having to go out into the elements to get there. We were there for two full days and was able to walk to different restaurants for each meal all within a block of the hotel. Like most Hiltons they also have a business room that gives you computers with free internet service which it seems like a lot of chains are going to a pay system. Overall very pleased with this Hilton

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Triangle Park if you want a view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

I’m glad to hear you were very pleased with our hotel. Thanks for all the positive comments on our location, rooms, business center, and free parking. Next time you and your family are in town please request a room with a pillow top mattress. We will be looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I've stayed at this Radisson/Hilton nearly 20 times over the last few years. Usually it is top notch. However this time I was surprised by a used ice bucket when I went to get ice. Definitely not good!

I've said many times, that it's the little things that count. The Lexington Downtown Hilton missed this one! If I paid 60 bucks for the room, I could deal with it. However, I am a Hilton Gold Member and find melted water in the ice bucket upon check in. This is unacceptable.

I called the front desk and they told me they would send up a new ice bucket and plastic bag. That's it! I would expect more from the Hilton franchise especially for a Hilton Honors Gold Member. My parents who usually stay at the Hyatt next door for UK games have never dealt with this type of thing.

Room Tip: Don't have a room next to drunks showing up at 2:00 in the morning, because they will keep you u...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for your stay. Our goal is to be hassle free for every guest. I will share your experience with our team.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was in town for a basketball game at Rupp Arena, which is just across the street (and with the skywalk to the arena you don't even have to go outside). So the hotel was very convenient. Although a rather large hotel, the staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and immaculate. I valet parked the car and the parking staff was very attentive. Definitely one of the nicer Hilton Hotels that I have visited.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
MartyRothchild, Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while in town for a UK game. I’ll pass on the positive feedback with our staff. Thanks for your support of our hotel and look forward to your next visit to our property. Go Cats!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The perfect hotel to stay at while attending a UK basketball or football. Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds. Nice breakfast buffet (at an additional cost). Free parking. Great location. Have stayed here many times and never any issues.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Reviewed November 24, 2011

It's been many years since I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Lexington... So I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

The lobby and rooms all appeared newly renovated, fresh and modern. The front desk personnel were efficient and cheerful. Parking was free in the attached garage. The rooms were large and well appointed.

My secret tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. The view is awesome!

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. It’s always nice to hear from guests who haven’t visited the property in a while to see what they think of all the renovation changes. Our Parkside rooms do have an amazing view of Triangle Park and all the excitement happening down on the ice skating rink. We appreciate the positive feedback on our service and staff. Next time you’re in town I hope you stay with us again.