“Used, melted water in ice bucket - Not Good...”

Hilton Lexington Downtown
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Warsaw, Kentucky
“Used, melted water in ice bucket - Not Good...”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I've stayed at this Radisson/Hilton nearly 20 times over the last few years. Usually it is top notch. However this time I was surprised by a used ice bucket when I went to get ice. Definitely not good!

I've said many times, that it's the little things that count. The Lexington Downtown Hilton missed this one! If I paid 60 bucks for the room, I could deal with it. However, I am a Hilton Gold Member and find melted water in the ice bucket upon check in. This is unacceptable.

I called the front desk and they told me they would send up a new ice bucket and plastic bag. That's it! I would expect more from the Hilton franchise especially for a Hilton Honors Gold Member. My parents who usually stay at the Hyatt next door for UK games have never dealt with this type of thing.

Room Tip: Don't have a room next to drunks showing up at 2:00 in the morning, because they will keep you u...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for your stay. Our goal is to be hassle free for every guest. I will share your experience with our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was in town for a basketball game at Rupp Arena, which is just across the street (and with the skywalk to the arena you don't even have to go outside). So the hotel was very convenient. Although a rather large hotel, the staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and immaculate. I valet parked the car and the parking staff was very attentive. Definitely one of the nicer Hilton Hotels that I have visited.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
MartyRothchild, Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while in town for a UK game. I’ll pass on the positive feedback with our staff. Thanks for your support of our hotel and look forward to your next visit to our property. Go Cats!
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The perfect hotel to stay at while attending a UK basketball or football. Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds. Nice breakfast buffet (at an additional cost). Free parking. Great location. Have stayed here many times and never any issues.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Kentucky
Reviewed November 24, 2011

It's been many years since I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Lexington... So I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

The lobby and rooms all appeared newly renovated, fresh and modern. The front desk personnel were efficient and cheerful. Parking was free in the attached garage. The rooms were large and well appointed.

My secret tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. The view is awesome!

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. It’s always nice to hear from guests who haven’t visited the property in a while to see what they think of all the renovation changes. Our Parkside rooms do have an amazing view of Triangle Park and all the excitement happening down on the ice skating rink. We appreciate the positive feedback on our service and staff. Next time you’re in town I hope you stay with us again.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed overnight for business. Paid $214 (with taxes). No wifi (extra $), no breakfast, nothing special (parking was free for guests). Rooms were clean, but looked tired. No issues with staff, all helpful. Nice workout room, sleep comfort beds, and pool/spa. Location was great for my purpose, but I just expected more for a Hilton. Many local bars and restaurants nearby. I'm sure it is a great place to stay for the basketball games. Next time I'll stay at the Hampton Inn on the edge of town for 1/2 the cost with twice the services.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I appreciate the positive feedback on the service of our staff and recreation facility. I’m sorry the room décor didn’t meet your needs, but glad to hear you enjoyed our Sleep Number beds. We take all comments seriously and look for suggestions to help us better serve our guests.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Clean and comfortable. Just do not ask for restaurant recommendations.
Price is ok for the value

• Stayed November 2011
April W, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your room accommodations during your stay with us. I’m sorry you didn’t receive helpful dining information from our staff. I will definitely pass along your comment to our Front Desk agents so they will be better prepared to help serve our guests.
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed the night when visiting for a concert at Rupp Arena. It's PERFECT. Reasonably priced when reserving online and beautiful hotel with nice, clean rooms. Since all restaurants were jammed with the concert crowd, we ate at the hotel restaurant and it was amazing food. It was so good, we went back the next morning for brunch, which had make-your-own omlett stations + full buffet. Yum! I will be staying here every time I visit Lexington.

Room Tip: Book online for best rate
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the nice review of our hotel and restaurant. The Triangle Grille restaurant serves Kentucky Proud products and has something for everyone on the menu. And there is no better way to start your day off right than with one of Avis’s omelets in the morning. We look forward to serving you and your family again soon.