“Excellent atmosphere with superb drinks and food”
Review of Minglewood

Minglewood
Ranked #265 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed May 6, 2018

During a business trip to Lexington, I visited Minglewood on N. Limestone, not to far from the Rupp Arena downtown area. It was a Friday evening, and the bar was populated with a number of people, a cozy atmosphere permeated the space. It seemed like I had just entered my neighborhood bar. The beer selection is excellent with a full cocktail menu also. While food is not the emphasis here, their menu has a good mix of hamburgers, salads, appetizers, and small plates. I ordered the "Ugly Pig" which came with a fried egg on top of a grilled pork loin, pepper jack cheese, wonderful sauce, and superb fries. The servers were wonderful and very attentive. And the kitchen was superb and efficient. Great place to return and within walking distance the downtown.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after UK's football game last weekend. 4 of us and 2 had the special of the day; steak tacos. They were incredible! I had brussell sprout salad. It's served warm and is delicious! The other person had a burger. Their burger is hard to beat. Eat here.! You'll be happy you did.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Came to Minglewood for a girls night, and were blown away by the bar staff. They were very attentive, and made us some of the most unique drinks. Minglewood offers a lot of infused alcohols and mixers. The bartender took the time to chat about what we liked, and made several drinks through out the night that were amazing. The food was fabulous as well, but I will return just for the window seat with pillows and the cocktails any day!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Good bar/restaurant with limited but very tasty menu. Good wine selections and great staff. We shared turkey sliders and hummus and it made for a good dinner. Next time I would like to try a salad. Beautiful space/atmosphere with varied seating options and good music. You can't ask for much more.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Service was very slow. Food was sub-par. I came at brunch on a Saturday. I may give it another shot for dinner, but it is not high on my list.