“Best place for beer lovers with decent food and open late”
Review of Old Chicago

Old Chicago
Ranked #135 of 929 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The pizza, strombolis, and calzones are above average for Lexington, but average relative to other areas of the country that are know for really good pizza. The focal point of this establishment is the variety of beers available. They serve 100 draft and botteled beers from all over the world as well as local microbrews. The beer is a little more expensive than other restaurants in the Hamburg as one might expect. The bar area is almost as large as the dining area with pool tables, which is unique for a chain. Lastly, they stay open late (2:00AM), and also keep the kitchen open until about that time.

There are newer reviews for Old Chicago

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've eaten here several times with friends and the buffet is wonderful as is their Calzones. The buffett has a great variety of pizza, pepperoni rolls, and sandwiches. You also get soup or a salad and a yummy chocolate chip cookie. I believe all this was less than $8.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited this restaurant on a quiet Saturday afternoon. It was not busy at all. We thought we would go here again as our last experience (inspite it being a very busy Saturday night) was great. On this visit, the hostess was very pleasant. The server came over as soon as we were seated. Asked us for drinks & brought these over promptly. This is as far as I can go in terms of saying good things about this place. Everything went downhill after this. We asked for an extra couple of minutes to look at the menu as we were unsure of what we wanted. The server did not return for 10 mins! My husband opted for the lunch buffet with a salad & I asked for a soup & salad with a simple request of no avacados. His salad & my my soup was promptly banged in front of us...the salad swiftly followed with guess what...avacados!!! I ofcourse sent it back. The server brought it back to the table with a half hearted apology...but still with avacados! The buffet food was extremely greasy and unappetizing. The server never returned (except to bring us the check) to ask us how everything was or ask for refills on our drinks. Never going back for sure! Waste of money & a perfectly good Saturday afternoon .

2  Thank WorldTraveller0502
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Love their lunch buffet. You must try their macaroni it is super cheesy with onions and peppers in it. Most buffets try and shortcut their quality but this place has the best pizza both deep dish and thin crust.

1  Thank Eric E
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I come here frequently. The hostesses are always friendly until you ask for a booth specifically then they act as if you've ruined their whole day because you dared to ask for something. The pepperoni rolls and chicken alfredo are exceptionally good. The pizza would be too, but you need a napkin the size of a beach towel to mop up the grease. I literally picked up a slice and the amount of grease that came off of it filled my plate completely. I actually overheard the people behind me were about to order a pizza till they saw ours. All in all its a halfway decent place to eat and 80% of the servers are fantastic!!

Been to Old Chicago? Share your experiences!