“No problems with our stay”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Paducah, KY
“No problems with our stay”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Spent two nights at the Hyatt Place in Lexington. Great decor. Had no issues with cleanliness like the previous reviewers. Only snafu was we brought our own Reidel wine glasses with us. My husband placed them behind the television. When they cleaned the room the first day, both glasses went missing. The front desk offered to send up two other glasses and would report to housekeeping. The next day as my husband was taking stuff down to the car, the head of housekeeping stopped him to say that the glasses had not been recovered but would call him. Nothing has materialized -- no call or Reidel glasses. Anyhow, we did like the accommodations and other than some loud kids in the hallway on the last night of our stay, we encountered no other problems and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Just stayed for a night. It's your standard Hyatt Place lay out. I found the staff to very helpful and the room was very clean. Has a nice indoor pool and fitness area. Many quality places to eat within a 1/2 mile or so. We had a room on the parking lot side so I can't comment on the noise you might get from I-75. The one thing that could be better at Hyatt is the comp breakfast but I've stayed at enough of them to expect what is served. I don't hesitate to recommend this location.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed December 29, 2009

First of all. I am very picky about hotels, & do much research before I reserve. I checked in with my two children when we arrived to the room, I went to the restroom & discovered hair all over the toilet seat, I was truly disgusted! I called the front desk, the clerk, Allison was very unfriendly but said she would put us in another room. My daughter & I were freaked out by this point so I checked the bathroom & bed linens & discovered hair on the sheets near the pillow! We checked out immediately! The hotel employees showed no empathy & acted as if no big deal! I travel frequently & have never experienced anything like this!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The room layout was really helpful in allowing the kids to go to sleep and us to stay up. The indoor pool was a great treat as we had a long day ahead of us the following day and getting out some pent up energy was much needed. The breakfast was excellent and all of the staff were very helpful and kind. Oh, and the price was SUITE!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Castro Valley, Ca
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My wife and I spent three nights at this hotel on our once in a lifetime trip to Tennessee and Kentucky. The Hyatt Place Hotel was definitely the low light of our trip. The rooms were nice enough with a sitting area and large flat screen TV, but this hotel has a definite housekeeping problem. The room was poorly vacuumed if at all, and my wife did not appreciate the cleanliness of the linens, especiallty the towels. They were stained and dingy looking and did not have the look and feel of clean fresh towels.
Instead of individually wrapped disposal cups and glasses they offer real glasses and coffee cups. This would be ok if they were clean, but they weren't. The first night in our room I found one the glasses to be sticky to touch. Since it was so late, we just put it aside and didn't use it. The next day we went to a nearby Target and got some dish soap, because no way was I going to drink out of anything else I wasn't sure was washed. When we got back to our room we found that the bed had been made, and used towels had been changed for "clean" ones, but the room had not been vacuumed and none of the used coffee cups or glasses had been touched. I had to go down to the desk to get clean cups and glasses for our room. They were so upset that the next day we got a letter of apology and an offer of a free dessert. Whoopee!
Another annoyance was that when you book your room online, you will see under hotel amenities that a microwave oven is included. Don't assume that you have one in your room. None of the rooms have one. There is one microwave in the lobby for everyone in the hotel to use. Very convenient for that late night bag of popcorn, when you are already dressed for bed.
On the surface this looks like a nice enough hotel, but the feeling of uncleaniness just wouldn't let us relax completely.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed one night on our way home from Florida. Great location just off I75 and so close to shopping if you want and l o t s of restaurants!! The hotel is very beautiful as are the rooms. We were so impressed with the furnishings - every little detail was so well thought out. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Super place!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Were that this hotel is NOT QUIET. We could hear stomping and walking and elevators and TRAFFIC 24/7. It's SUPER clean, super nice cozy beds etc etc but NOT noise-proof. Annoying when you have kids along at night. Better than a few hotels I've been too but tooooooooooo noisy.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business