New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Lexington

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great hotel in a good location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've stayed at this Hyatt Place multiple times and would recommend it to anyone. It's in a great location, just off I-75 at Man O' War Blvd., conveniently located to shopping and many restaurants, both fast food and casual dining. It offers a clean, comfortable stay at a value price.

The hotel is very modern with inviting spaces in the lobby and breakfast area. The rooms are large with one king or two queen beds and a large sitting area with a queen sofa bed, a large desk and refrigerator. The beds are comfortable and I enjoy the large walk-in showers.

The free breakfast is one of the best of type, offering at least one hot option as well as oatmeal, cold cereal, breads and pastries, mixed fruit, fresh fruit and beverages. The hot options during my one night stay included french toast or a breakfast sandwich.

The staff is always efficient, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to continue to have you as our guest during your future trips to Lexington!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I first stayed here in Oct of 2011 when my wife and I attended a friends wedding. Stayed here last week while passing thru for work.

A friendly staff, clean rooms and the location has it set back enough to be quiet and also be in walking distance of some fast food as well as better restaurants.

I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robin M, Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you chose us for your return visit to Lexington! We hope to see you again on future visits.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went to Lexington for a weekend getaway. We chose Hyatt Place, because it was located off of I-75. We stayed until Monday morning. The room was very spacious, clean an even had 42 inch TV. The beds were very comfortable to sleep on. The staff was great to deal with. We were going to arrive after midnight and I called and they went ahead and checked us in. On Saturday, we came back to the hotel and decided to sit down at the bar and have a drink. We had a great conversation with one of the employees, Samantha. We asked her about things to do in the area. She gave us some brochures and told us about some other things. She always had a smile. We also went back to the bar on Sunday and Samantha was a joy to talk with and also helped other customers. The only disappointment was they were out of the huge cinnamon rolls I wanted to try, but the cheesecake with caramel was awesome. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Samantha was delighted to hear she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope you are able to visit us again, and get the chance to try our huge cinnamon rolls!
Lawrence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

That's what I'm doing: traveling with a six month old. I had to be in Lexington for a conference and my spouse and daughter came with me. The rooms were spacious and clean and homey, perfect if you're traveling with a tiny person and need to spread stuff out. One word of warning: the bathrooms have a tiled stall shower. So, keep that in mind if you need a bathtub. Otherwise, the rooms were lovely and the bed and linens sumptuous.

The breakfast was about as good as a hotel breakfast gets in this country. Coffee and tea are high quality. (We didn't pull out the French press once and we are...coffee snobs). The pool was chilly and noisy with other kids jumping in and screaming their heads off, so not ideal for a tiny baby, but it was fine and cooled us off. The location is good, about an easy 15 minutes drive from downtown. There are several restaurants in the area.

My one complaint: The hotel is smoke free but either someone was smoking in their room or the intake vent for the bathrooms is somewhere near a smoking area outside. We were on the 4th floor and I smelled smoke on several occasions throughout our stay. I called the front desk each time but it seemed unlikely that someone would smoke so frequently in the hotel in violation of the policy. So, I'm thinking it is somewhere outside or in the basement. This was my only problem with the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sfaj
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our breakfast and coffee! I apologize for the issue with the smoke smell. I would like to assure you this is not a normal occurrence. We investigated the source of the issue and were able to resolve it. We hope to see you again, if you happen to be in the Lexington area.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The location is convenient off of I-75. There are numerous restaurants of all varieties and shopping centers in the immediate area (Hamburg). We particularly liked the l-shaped seating area, adjustable shower (which was very nice and hot), and comfortable bed! Nice breakfast selection with plenty of seating. My only complaint- housekeeping knocked on our door twice before we were ready to check out (the first time around 9am)!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 680ap
Crystal River, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were there for the KY Harley Rally. Staff was very pleasant and took care of all of us. Nice that they had cold water, towels to clean our bikes, and a nice lobby for socializing. Room was great with a sitting area and desk and wet bar. Very pleased overall. Breakfast had fresh fruit and there was a bar area as well. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
kingsport tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

great location,rooms were large and clean. staff was friendly and helpful.Good breakfast, hot and cold items. my only complaint would be the bed. one side of the bed was great,but the other side had a big dip in it. very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the interstate