“Just misses the mark”

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Carrollton, Kentucky
“Just misses the mark”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Overall, we had a very nice stay at this hotel. The pros- staff were consistently very nice, professional and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good, and they changed their offerings day to day. The hotel was clean and the beds comfortable. The pool was a big hit, water was warm and there were ample supplies of nice towels. The rooms are nicely designed with comfortable couches so the family had a nice lounging area to rest and watch tv. The hotel is well located, very close to a major shopping area with a huge selection of restaurants. The cons- as others have noted, the traffic noise from the interstate is a problem..ask for a room on the away side of the hotel. We also found the heating element very loud, and it woke us consitantly as it cycled on and off during the night. There were some minor maintenance issues which seemed out of character...the bathtub and sink fixtures were functional, but both needed repair as they were not well unattached and difficult to use.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chicago
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Lexington during a long weekend to the Gatlinburg, TN area. My husband prefers the Hyatt Place brand for business travel and now I see why! The lobby and guest rooms were contemporary and very comfortable, excellent bed and we appreciated the breakfast buffet that was included with the room. The location of the hotel is near a great variety of restaurants and several "big box" retailers (Target, Costco, Meijer and Kohl's) if you need to pick up something. My only suggestion would be to request a room on the front side of the building away from the highway if you're a light sleeper or don't sleep well in hotels. I could hear some highway noise which I felt could be bothersome to someone sensitive to noise while sleeping. I hope we'll be back next spring for the Rolex Three Day Event and the Hyatt Place will be my go-to hotel choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chi_Becks
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was professional, and the parking wasn't any problem at all. All things considered, I think that our experience here was well worth the price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crazyshoe
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was driving from Chicago to South Carolina and needed a stopping point with my dog. I did some research and decided on this hotel. I was nervous as I have had some not so great experience when looking for a hotel that allows dogs. I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious, clean and exactly what we needed. I did not use the pool or exercise room but thought the hotel was wonderfully inviting and the staff was friendly. We had a wonderful dinner at Malone's which was a short walk. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kpWheaton
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay in a king bed room. Beautiful room with nice sliding glass shower. Very clean and everything worked properly. Nothing but good things to say. Also, very nice staff.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PIKEVILLE
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a great hotel. Loved the location - right off the interstate and very convenient. I was worried about interstate noise but was pleasantly surprised there was none. The breakfast was wonderful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that there was not a hot tub.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was an ok hotel. It was a little ways from the highway, set back in what seemed to be a suburban area. It only had a small pool and no hot tub. The gym was VERY small and of the four machines, only two worked.
Their was an offer of a free breakfast. It was slightly better than most breakfasts, but not what the front desk talked it up to be.
The room was clean.
They only had a few options of "necessities you may have forgot," most you had to pay for.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I couldn't tell you, because ours was nothing special.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family