“Large Hyatt”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Second time staying at this Hyatt Place. Quick check in and room was on requested high floor. Room was clean and modern. Enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and staff did a great job. Nice to have bar available for evening drink or snack. Nice experience, will stay again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by highway noise, be sure to request you not be put on that side of the building...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Lexington

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We found Hyatt Place by accident for a quick anniversary getaway.
We had no complaints.
I made the reservation online and found an excellent rate. I included an additional note that it was our anniversary and we wanted a specific location and they actually read the note and responded. (They also gave us a little gift bag!)
If we needed something, we asked and it was taken care of.
The room and bathroom was clean. ( The shower was wonderfully large but needs a bench. )
Whoever designed the room did not check the doors for the closet & bathroom, they collide.
The breakfast was different with breakfast sandwiches, cereals, fruit, etc. it was definitely one of the better free breakfast we have had at a hotel.
They have a 24hr casual restaurant/lounge which is located where they have the free breakfast. We did not sample the menu but I heard several guests say it was good.
There are sofas, chairs and tables everywhere for folks to sit for business or relaxation. (The business center is also there.)
I didn't check out the pool but I noticed the fitness center was open 24 hrs, which is great and the hotel is pet friendly.
The photos are deceiving concerning the room divider, if you need one, ask.
There is no complimentary coffee, you have to buy the Starbucks at the restaurant/lounge or perk your own in the room. (I'm one of those who likes coffee). In addition, there are no microwaves in the rooms but there is one downstairs.
As for the staff, they were great, especially the night staff. Everyone was friendly.
When we return to Lexington, we will stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Right off I75 and a block or two from all kinds of shopping and restaurants, location is great.
Unlike some other Hyatt Place hotels, this has a nice indoor pool. Rooms and common areas are clean as a whistle and nicely updated. Some noise from the highway so ask for a room on the other side.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great amenities and super friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers would want the comforts of home but also need a space to concentrate on work. My only complaint is that the walls need more insulation as I could hear the conversation in the room next to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed there for 2 days last week and had the pleasure of coming back this week and I can't give enough praise to the staff. Amie went above and beyond. Sandra, Misty and Lillian were all there both trips and were very pleasant and always smiling. The rooms were well kept and extremely spacious. The free breakfast was full of both cold and hot options. A+ was and understatement. The entire staff were friendly and very accommodating. The meeting rooms were also well supplied with our needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was nice, fairly quiet for being next to an interstate, it wasn't loud enough to bother me, but you could hear the traffic somewhat. Breakfast was very good, fairly decent options for a free breakfast (hot sandwiches, cereal, bread, fruit, oatmeal, etc). Staff was friendly, I saw them on several occasions try and help people who didn't have reservations find a hotel to stay since they were booked. I'd definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel staff was friendly and the hotel room was clean. Only issue we had was not a major issue but we had a two queen bed room and one of the beds had a huge worn out indent, we're the mattress was worn out. Every time you payed down you rolled to the whole!

I do like the lay out of the hotels rooms and the large screen television.

We left too early for breakfast, wish we could of tried it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family