“Hyatt Place always consistently good.....Don't forget the PB cookie!!”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Chicago, Illinois
“Hyatt Place always consistently good.....Don't forget the PB cookie!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Hyatt place and this property was no exception. The front desk staff was wonderful. We decided to grab a bite from the cafe and we were very pleased. I have noticed that Hyatt Place seems to attract professionals traveling solo who like to gather in the bar/cafe area. Seems like a nice way to unwind.... I always am sure to purchase a peanut butter chocolate cookie, heated of course!! The rooms are very spacious, with ample room to relax and watch tv from the sitting area or the bed. The work area is well lit. I do wish that I could still get body wash instead of the bars of soap. All in all, another consistent enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
NY Metro area
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We made our reservations a few hours before arriving. We weren't sure where we were going to land up each night so I'd look around as we were driving into the different areas. We enjoyed our stay here at the Hyatt Place. We had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before so we weren't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room as well as the cleanliness. It was a mini-suite set up with plenty of room for the two of us. I liked the shower head which was like a rain-style shower.
Breakfast was a continental breakfast with some scrambled eggs and sausage also served. There as plenty of tables for everyone and service was cheerful.
Hubby used the exercise room. It's small but did the job.
The location is very convenient to many choices of restaurants and stores. The Outback Steakhouse is a short walk just past a place called "Show Me". The name cracked me up. It's like a Hooters. No, we didn't go to either one. We drove a very short distance for dinners; one at Saul Good and the other at Bonefish Grill. Both places we enjoyed.
Overall a good place to stay and a good value. We stayed two nights and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg. The location was great. It is right off the interstate. Breakfast was good. They even had warm breakfast sandwiches and french toast. I stay in a lot of Hyatt Place hotels and this was the first one that has had that. Rooms were very clean. Indoor pool was FREEZING!

• Stayed March 2013
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When I walked into the room my jaw dropped. I was not expecting such a nice room for the price I had approved downstairs. I HIGHLY recommend staying here. Its close to all events, near restaurants. I don't believe you will find a better deal for you money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family enjoyed staying here. It is located near many nice restaurants and shopping. Everything was very clean and comfortable. It was well furnished with coffee maker, small refrigerator, full size hairdryer and a very large TV. We loved having the large sofa area which was comfortable and made into extra bed. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was good.Highway noise was pretty loud staying on 4th floor.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on side without interstate next to it.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Was told by desk clerk she was giving us a room on the quiet side of building. Not true. Road noise was bad enough but window would not close properly so it was even noisier. Room was very tired. Also, every chair in the lounge was stained! We stayed there last year and it was great. Not this year. Will not be staying again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed one night in January 2012....Room 427. I was really happy with the actual room. The highway noise was my greatest issue. When checking in I was asked if I had a floor preference. I said I would just like the best room available. The lady said she would give me a room away from the highway noise. So I expect other rooms likely have more highway noise.

Pros.....
Large sectional sofa with large ottoman
Large tv on swivel stand
Docking station