“Worth the price”

Hyatt Place Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg. The location was great. It is right off the interstate. Breakfast was good. They even had warm breakfast sandwiches and french toast. I stay in a lot of Hyatt Place hotels and this was the first one that has had that. Rooms were very clean. Indoor pool was FREEZING!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 26, 2013

When I walked into the room my jaw dropped. I was not expecting such a nice room for the price I had approved downstairs. I HIGHLY recommend staying here. Its close to all events, near restaurants. I don't believe you will find a better deal for you money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family enjoyed staying here. It is located near many nice restaurants and shopping. Everything was very clean and comfortable. It was well furnished with coffee maker, small refrigerator, full size hairdryer and a very large TV. We loved having the large sofa area which was comfortable and made into extra bed. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was good.Highway noise was pretty loud staying on 4th floor.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on side without interstate next to it.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was told by desk clerk she was giving us a room on the quiet side of building. Not true. Road noise was bad enough but window would not close properly so it was even noisier. Room was very tired. Also, every chair in the lounge was stained! We stayed there last year and it was great. Not this year. Will not be staying again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed one night in January 2012....Room 427. I was really happy with the actual room. The highway noise was my greatest issue. When checking in I was asked if I had a floor preference. I said I would just like the best room available. The lady said she would give me a room away from the highway noise. So I expect other rooms likely have more highway noise.

Pros.....
Large sectional sofa with large ottoman
Large tv on swivel stand
Docking station
Awesome shower

Cons....
Highway noise
Carpet not vaccumed

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We come down to Shriners hospital at least once a year. This is my second stay at the Hyatt Place Lexington. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are large and clean. This time we stayed on the top floor away from the highway. The room was quiet. I appreciate being able to have the fan continually run to use as white noise during the night so that might be one reason it seemed so quiet. I feel the TV options are confusing and it was hard to find appropriate cartoons for my young kids without paying for them (you can buy packages on TV). The only kids channel we found was Toons and it was Pokemom, etc when we would have preferred Dora. :) But we were fine using the free wifi and our Netflix account. The water pressure in our shower wasn't great but it could have been because we were top floor.

All things considered this is a great hotel for the price, easy to get to, great breakfast, clean and safe. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HaitiTravels
Reviewed February 13, 2013

After being on the road for 15 days our last stop was in Lexington, KY.
We had not booked in advance as we did not know how long we would be driving north on I75.
We had dinner and got on line to see what hotels were in the area.
By chance we selected the Hyatt Place and the hotel was bright & clean, great reception at the front desk and when we got to our $99.00 suite we were impressed by the size, comfort and condition of our room.
In the morning we had a complimentary hot breakfast with breakfast sandwiches, pastries, fresh fruit and juices.
A great deal for a great hotel.
If we are ever in the area we will stay here but arrive earlier to take advantage of their happy hour at the bar.

Room Tip: Minutes from I75 and the restaraunt next door served great draft beer aged in bourbon barrels. At 8...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple