“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Gaffney, South Carolina
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Very modern designed Hotel. Rooms very clean tv great, love the way it swivels to watch in bed or on couch. Breakfast above average again service ranked five stars. Only bad thing is if you have a room next to interstate kind of noisy. But as I found out in previous review turn you heater fan to on drowns out noise. The beds are second to none super support very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Nice room, specially the cozy corner which the kids loved. Comfortable sleep for the five of us, The rooms have two double beds and a sofa bed that can easily sleep two, The breakfast was great. Wifi in the room was a little slow - other than that cannot find any fault. Will soon be staying at another Hyatt on this trip (Sorry Marriott but this is better value for money(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
suebob29
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here in December 2012 for a visit to the Univ. of Kentucky. Though not far, I thought it was a little closer--user error :) We were greeted very nicely and checked in quickly. The beds were comfortable and I found the thermostat to be easy to work with. Just one thing that wasn't so great was that the desk was very wobbly. Not great to work at, but something I could work around.

This is very nice property for the price too. The only issue I sort of had was with the establishment next door that was sort of like a lower-end Hooters. Not great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suebob29
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

You will not go wrong staying here. We were on a trip to Cincinatti and needed a place to stop over the night. After a brief search of Trip Advisor I found the Hyatt Place and decided to give it a try. It is located close to I-75 and easy to find. I was met at the door by a staff member who was willing and ready to help me in. The check in process was quick and easy. Our room was located on the 2nd floor. It was spacious and inviting. We had two queen beds that were very comfortable. The TV was large and in a good location. The room was very clean. There was a refrigrator but no microwave. A large couch was near the door and could of easily accomidated a adult or child. There was not outside noise. It has a great fitness room with everything you need. The hotel is located close to a shopping area with plenty places to eat and shop. Breakfast- Icant say enough good things about it. French bread, ham and egg biscuits, fresh fruit and pasteries. Again it was great. If they keep this place up I will be back.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were looking for a hotel on our way to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving. This was about a halfway point for us. After doing a search for hotels in the area, I chose this one due to an excellent price and the reviews. I was impressed with the public area of the hotel. This is not just the plain lobby, it has a modern feel to it. The front desk area also serves as the bar area on the other side. They had ample lobby seating to relax, and they had also set up a gift wrapping area for those shoppers staying at the hotel. The breakfast area was also right up front, and they had a couple of hot selections along with the normal continental fare. We had a king room, and it also had a nice seating area with a sleeper sofa. They had a huge flat screen, at least for a hotel. A nice touch is a multiport panel near the TV, where you could plug in various electronics or games and use the TV as a monitor. Free internet in the room.
The only downside was the highway noise. The convenient location close to I-75 comes with a price, it's noisy. If you have a choice, ask for a room on the side away from the highway. We were already settled in when we finally turned off the TV and noticed it. Rather than ask for a different room, we just had the HVAC fan on for some white noise.
I'm sure they would have moved me if we asked. Other than that, I thought this was an outstanding value and would stay again for sure,

Room Tip: We were first floor I-75 side. Ask for the side away from the highway to try and lessen the highway...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rarely go wrong with these establishments and this trip was no exception. Quiet hotel, convenient to everything, yet set back away from the main drags. The room was clean and outstanding, and the staff was great.

Room Tip: I had a business class room that divided the sleeping area from the workstation. It was great for g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family and I attended a UK basketball game, and we chose to stay at this hotel. It was only about seven miles from Rupp Arena, and it was very close to the interstate. We checked in very late and the overnight staff was friendly and professional. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The next morning we were greeted by an equally friendly staff. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family